You do top-of-the-line work, your clients are always happy with the results, but for some reason you are struggling with obtaining job opportunities. A quick and inexpensive opportunity to impress potential employers or clients is with a memorable business card.
Business cards can improve your success by:
- Giving you a professional look
- Showing that you are serious about your career
- Getting your information out (they can’t call you if they don’t have your number)
You’re Looking Slick
So you’re looking slick at your potential client meeting. You have on your best business suit, just got a fresh cut hair cut, and are feeling confident. The meeting went great! You didn’t miss a beat. The client seems very interested and asks for your email address…
Uh oh! You don’t have a business card so you pull out a pen and write it on a napkin (The coffee stained napkin business card; very attractive).The chances on a client losing your “napkin business card” or accidently throwing it away are almost guaranteed. Not only did your confidence just drop, the potential client doesn’t have your information anymore (although he/she probably isn’t very interested anymore anyways).
You Should Have Brought a Business Card
Business cards are easy to design and print. Everyone can make them at home, using their printer, and it doesn’t take any longer than the time it took you to write your address on the napkin. But even then, you don’t want to have a generic card like everyone else does, after all your work is 10 times better than theirs.
Plastic business cards are the best way to go. With plastic your business cards will:
- Last forever! (no matter how many times your client sends his wallet through the washing machine)
- Impress! (give your client a business card with slick graphics and a glossy finish, set back, and watch them be in awe)
- Be remembered! (a ‘credit card style’ business card will definitely stand out with the pile of other peoples paper cards)
Yes, Plastic business cards are more expensive, but this is not somewhere that you want to be cheap. If you want to cut back on spending, how about not using the whole hair gel bottle every morning.
Look at You!
Since you broke down and spent the extra cash to buy your professional plastic business cards, things are looking up. Clients are now seeing you in a different light as the professional business man (or woman) that you are. Remember the hardest part is getting the job, so don’t be cheap.