Advice For An Alternative To Dove Pos

Chris Walters

Feb 24, 2014
State / Prov
AZ
We're trying to eliminate the strings to Teleflora but we would still like a good alternative to dove pos for receiving orders from Teleflora. Has anyone made this transition? Can anyone recommend a good alternative? Thanks

My current problem is, I have the TF POS but I'm looking for a compatible merchant... If I could find a compatible merchant that I could accept payments through the TF POS I purchased, I would of cut TF out a long time ago!

My current problem is, I have the TF POS but I'm looking for a compatible merchant... If I could find a compatible merchant that I could accept payments through the TF POS I purchased, I would of cut TF out a long time ago!

The problem is not a compatible merchant ... it's that the POS is not generally compatible with anyone else. Your best bet is to talk to Mark Tracy at AdvoCharge ([email protected]) and see what he can do for you.

Reactions: steve
Floristware works well for most shops if you are a large florist you could look at MAS both are great systems

+1 for what Steve said.

If you still want to send and receive TF orders, you'll need to go with MAS.

If you want to use a more affordable order transfer system you can use MAS or FloristWare with FSN (instead of TF).

Reactions: Ms Helen and steve
We are currently looking at POS systems and FloristWare crossed our minds, but it seems expensive for what you get. The license is $100 a month or $3000 to buy it. I am instead looking at a solution from InfoTouch. It's more of a generic system that is customized to fit your needs, but it does not offer integration like FloristWare. The benefit, however, is that it's only about $2500 for the software and all the hardware and 3 years support on ALL of it. It has a ton of reports, can handle gift cards, and has a loyalty program. It's very powerful, but I am still disliking the lack of integration with the wire services (however, we still don't know if we are going to keep any wire service anyway).

Anyone here use InfoTouch before or have any suggestions? We want to avoid a wire services' POS system since they don't seem to play well with others and we don't want to get "roped into" anything for a long time. A POS system is something that requires a TON of work to setup, and I only want to do this once! :)

We had Eagle for *many* years. (Actually it started as Rosebud) It is obsolete (based on XP that is being abandoned by Microsoft.) and the 'upgrade" to Dove was ridiculously costly and isn't much of an improvement.

We just signed up with FAS. The installer comes in this weekend. I'll let everyone know how it went in a few days.

We are currently looking at POS systems and FloristWare crossed our minds, but it seems expensive for what you get. The license is $100 a month or $3000 to buy it. :)
It's not expensive for what you get.

Reactions: theRKF
We are currently looking at POS systems and FloristWare crossed our minds, but it seems expensive for what you get. The license is $100 a month or $3000 to buy it. I am instead looking at a solution from InfoTouch. It's more of a generic system that is customized to fit your needs, but it does not offer integration like FloristWare. The benefit, however, is that it's only about $2500 for the software and all the hardware and 3 years support on ALL of it. It has a ton of reports, can handle gift cards, and has a loyalty program. It's very powerful, but I am still disliking the lack of integration with the wire services (however, we still don't know if we are going to keep any wire service anyway).

Anyone here use InfoTouch before or have any suggestions? We want to avoid a wire services' POS system since they don't seem to play well with others and we don't want to get "roped into" anything for a long time. A POS system is something that requires a TON of work to setup, and I only want to do this once! :)

And grocery stores have $9.99 roses ...
And Wix has free websites ...
And somewhere there is always a "florist" willing to undercut on price ...

But at the end of the day, what are you getting? FloristWare is an excellent software product, backed by excellent support from people who have been in the industry for decades - and they are major supports of the industry. Yes, you can go with a generic non-floral software package but it's certainly comparing grapes to apples.

Really, what's the cost difference? $100 x 12 months x 3 years = $3600 vs $2,500 for a generic option. You'll likely make up that $1,100 over the course of 3 years with saved time and more specific marketing tools.

We had Eagle for *many* years. (Actually it started as Rosebud) It is obsolete (based on XP that is being abandoned by Microsoft.) and the 'upgrade" to Dove was ridiculously costly and isn't much of an improvement.

We just signed up with FAS. The installer comes in this weekend. I'll let everyone know how it went in a few days.

We now have had the FAS system for several months. Installation and transition was about what we expected, but the learning curve was a LOT steeper than we anticipated. Their support staff is good, and that helped a lot.

One motive for dumping Eagle was that it was no longer PCI compliant. Another was that it *prohibited* us from doing what TF *requires* us to do. We *must* confirm deliveries to TF so they can confirm to *their* customers. But Eagle would not allow us to do the same thing -- and TF refused to do anything about it!

FAS does email order ack as well as delivery ack. We look better in the customer's eyes.

System has been reliable. Many of the TF peripherals like the printers and monitors work well with FAS -- saving us several K$.

We would definitely do it again.