Elmers Glue And Water

SLevi

Apr 27, 2012
Houston
www.scentandviolet.com
State / Prov
TX
I heard from multiple sides about using Elmer's Glue and Water Mix to preserve sensitive flowers for the events (tulips). I heard two options: 1rd glue to 2rds water, and half-half.
The other day I decided to try it. Dipped tulip in the mix, and all I got were terrible white spots all over my tulip.
Anyone has had any experience with this? What am I doing wrong?

Reactions: kt4ye
I have used Elmers Glue and Crowning Glory for years. I tried it probably 20 years ago. Dip and lightly wipe off excess with a paper towel and let dry. We keep a jar at all times in the cooler. Many of our brides want tulips and they need to stay closed and not blow open too soon. We had some extra ones in the cooler and a lady walked in and wanted them. One of the designers sold it to her and she came back all happy at how long they had stayed closed. We never told. Tulips are the only flower that we use this on.

Reactions: SLevi and blumen
I have used Elmers Glue and Crowning Glory for years. I tried it probably 20 years ago. Dip and lightly wipe off excess with a paper towel and let dry. We keep a jar at all times in the cooler. Many of our brides want tulips and they need to stay closed and not blow open too soon. We had some extra ones in the cooler and a lady walked in and wanted them. One of the designers sold it to her and she came back all happy at how long they had stayed closed. We never told. Tulips are the only flower that we use this on.

Thank you !!!! What is the mixture ratio?

I don't know why people don't want their tulips to open. They're so much prettier open than closed IMO but it's a cool idea to glue them if you have to keep them closed.

Reactions: dlnfloral
Never tried the elmer's glue and water, great tip ! i have used ice cubes and they have lasted longer for me in the cooler but also for the customers, i tell them to use ice cubes every day, and customers have not complained, personally these are my least favorite flowers to deal with since they do tend to want to open at the worst times lol.