Do customers, who look at your website.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dazeal said:
Can you define a dot con for me please. :) I'm a noob here and would like to know exactly what it is. Is an OG who tells you the truth about what they are doing a dot con?

Dazeal, opinions vary on whether an OG who tells the truth is still an OG. I understand that is not exactly what you asked though. A dotcon to me is any online "florist" presentation that tries to get your order no matter where it is going. The argument here is that someone will get the order so why not a real florist?

Personally I think if Bloomz and Infinite are truly getting that high of a percent of online orders they must be marketing the heck out of their websites. Whether it's online marketing or local marketing or both. All the more power to them. Nothing wrong with that. I'm actually impressed and I am sure somehow MAS plays a big part in it for them. From what I see posted MAS is a very resourceful tool for marketing.

There are many florist types represented here and this topic of online ordering vs. phone ins really needs to have two threads going. One for those who want wire outs and one for those that don't. It's not as cut and dry as that, but it's a start to see the difference.

But, back to dotcons, I will have to leave it as I really don't know. I am one who sees the many facets to an issue and this one is definitely a multi faceted subject.

Customer Service

It seems like everyone is very concerned on how to get ahead of the OG's. I believe the best way to do that is through Customer Service. If your consumer sees the disclaimer on your shopping cart that says "substitutions may be made" that is not the upmost customer service, after all the OG's can tell them that. I think encouraging people to focus on the shopping cart could perhaps make them seem less personable to a consumer who wants to call, then who loses the customer? Why would you limit yourself in that way? While I agree ecommerce is always growing, there are still many consumers who see the internet as an information resource, and want to talk to a real person, especially in a same day need situation. Many of them have details they want to relay, questions they want to ask, and yes many more are concerned because internet fraud is at an all time high. I do not agree that taking a call from that consumer would lead you to lose a website sale. If your handling your business right, you get both orders. Bloomz site is nice as it has the toll free number clearly at the top and even a security section that says if you are not comfortable ordering online, feel free to call us. I think the need for better customer service outweighs the need for convenience in shopping online. Give your consumer the option, and make them feel comfortable with both, then you will have a customer for life. You may not be able to compete with the big guys $$$ wise, but you can beat them in customer service everyday. There are no disclaimers when a customer calls you. Build a good website with an easy to follow shopping cart, promote your site online for exposure, watch the computer savvy and not so computer savvy customers come to you because you gave them the option:)

Lady Biker Florist said:
What is your view on those that want all orders no matter whether wired out or delivered locally as opposed to smaller shops (this is a very large group) that really don't want more wire outs?

I would be curious as to why, a shop would not want a wire out order?

Personally I want every order flowing in my market, either local or wire out...

Thanks Patty :) I define a dot con as a business that doesn't tell the full truth about how they are doing business or mislead a customer. I define an OG that has integrity to tell the consumer exactly what they are doing a smart business model. But like the WS, the OG's evolution of life is about to run out in a few years. My idea will change everything. Patty IM your fax number and I'll send you an NDA for you to look over.

Ten, I think that Customer Service is not as important to people who online as it is to those who show up in person to shop. For example, 95% of all my Epic orders are taken through the shopping cart, even though we offer an 800 number and a chat service.
Sure I am all about Customer Service and is my mantra at my shop, but online, people seem to care less. For example, even if you told most people, in my opinion, they don't give a crap whether it is an OG or Ex Con, as long as the flowers do the trick. And the process to that trick needs to be convenient and in a price range that your target doesn't mind to pay.

Lady Biker Florist said:
Personally I think if Bloomz and Infinite are truly getting that high of a percent of online orders they must be marketing the heck out of their websites. Whether it's online marketing or local marketing or both. All the more power to them. Nothing wrong with that. I'm actually impressed and I am sure somehow MAS plays a big part in it for them. From what I see posted MAS is a very resourceful tool for marketing.

Patty, The stuff I was talking about, conversion ratios, and really has nothing to do with marketing, since it is a function of percentages of customers converted, with no discussion of actual numbers.

Ten is right about customer service. This is a shot from the hip cuz I haven't studied this with figures yet, but I feel that close to half of my web orders now are returning customers. MAS does indeed play a big part in helping them come back. It's a marketing machine, second to none.

But the deal is, you have to get that first sale so you can wow them with technology and service. Those 5 customers I talked about that some are losing never get to that point, so then someone else gets to market to them. Advertising can get them there, but then you have to convert them. Whether you're talking 100 or 1000 orders, those percentages are a function of the web site. My wire service sites never sold worth a d@mn. I think they save the real conversion tricks for themselves and just provide sites so they can say how they're helping you.
Patty, you should have some numbers on this, you have a very attractive and compelling website. But any time you don't like wire out orders, please just refer them over to me, thank you.

Now Patty, go wash yer mouth out with floral preservative for saying you like how I think...don't you know I am a radical leftist lunatic? :iwuvyou:

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.