Need Suggestions To Make My Catalog Better

Omer Ze'evi

Jan 7, 2015
State / Prov
israel
hi,
i need some ideas to make my catalog better...
this is my catalog and i'd happy to know what you guys think about this, and what suggestions you have to make the catalog more interesting and colorfull.

Catalogue looks good - all colors and occasion represented. (Again this it going to be more of a local preference). Since my Hebrew is non-existent, I can not talk about descriptions, but there should definitely be descriptions there :)
I have a feeling there are too many different categories. I did that on my website in the beginning (now I am trying to decrease it - I am not finished yet - but you can see the effort on Scent and Violet .com )
Few suggestions that I have:
- Add at least one picture of chocolate basket and of the plant each to the home page. Many shoppers will shop from the home page, and they need to see the picture of the other products you offer.
- Also, when I was testing my website - general response was that people did not like having random pictures on the front, so it made me create sections on the front page: Bestsellers, Designer's choice, Kosher... Home page appears huge and it has a little too much all thrown together - add sections, perhaps decrease the number of the products on the front, and add some diversity to the catalogue. I do not know how much budget is there left for any bigger changes (in my case I was not able to invest more) but look at what the big boxes are doing (1800, FTD, Teleflora, even ProFlowers - they have the budget for the market research that we, small shops are lacking)
- Do something about "orphans": e.g. On Car decorations page http://www.irit-flowers.co.il/wedding/car-decorations.html you have 5 photos in the first line, and 2 in the second. If you do not have enough photos to complete second line than make it 3 in first line, 3 in second. Do not leave any line incomplete. It makes buyers think the shop does not have enough to offer.

Hope this helps a little . Good luck.

Reactions: theRKF
thanks ! i'll take your suggestions and will make changes. hope to get better step by step .
i'll happy to get more suggestions..

Reactions: SLevi