Funerals

SLevi

Apr 27, 2012
Houston
www.scentandviolet.com
State / Prov
TX
Recently, I had a pleasure of receiving a tour of one of our local Funeral Homes that underwent some beautiful renovations, and everything went great until I entered a Selection room. Selection room is the room where families of the deceased get to select everything from the casket or urn to visitation schedule, and that is where it hit me: I do not want my family to ever go through this. I do not want them to sit there and decide what casket I would’ve liked.

It is never easy facing our own mortality, but since yesterday’s tour I strongly believe in planning your own funeral arrangements. While my instructions up until now where sort of a joke: Don’t you let anyone send me an all-white standing spray to the funeral… perhaps it is time to take responsibility over planning our own funeral, or at least leaving clear instructions.

And just in case something happens prior to that, if I see “in lieu of flowers” anywhere near my obituary I will come back to haunt y’all

Reactions: clay and theRKF
You would be surprised.... We work with the volunteers at Angela hospice. During a conversation a nurse said it is not uncommon that when the patient passes for the family to ask for a suggestion for a funeral home. They knew what was coming and had not even decided which funeral home they were using let alone anything else.

Reactions: SLevi
Flower Power....aren't we lasting forever?!! News to me. I get alot of the hospices centers that call me and I work with the families. I would say 80% don't have preplans

Reactions: SLevi