Cascading Rose Bouquet

Amber & Earth

Mar 4, 2014
State / Prov
NJ
Hi floral designers near and far!
So I am new to the biz and just finished my first wedding if the season this past Saturday! Yay!
So my next wedding is July 2 and the bride wants a cascading rose bouquet. She wants little to no greens, roses, and a few calas. So my question to everyone is..how do you make your cascades?? Foam holder? No foam holder? I hear the flowers can fall out so do you wire? Do you glue? Help! I need cascading advice! I'm all ears! Thank you!

Depends. Sometimes bouquet holder (and I am firm believer in glue). Sometimes good old fashioned wire and tape. Depends on the type of the flowers, length of the bouquet (and budget)

Depends. Sometimes bouquet holder (and I am firm believer in glue). Sometimes good old fashioned wire and tape. Depends on the type of the flowers, length of the bouquet (and budget)
Thanks so much SLevi! Im having a difficult time deciding the best way to go about it. And I obviously don't want to keep spending money on flowers to test a million different ways. I feel the easiest way toils be to use the foam holders and some oasis floral adhesive but I'm going to be so afraid they'll fall out! Just gotta go for it I guess. Thanks again!

With the weight and stem size of the flowers I would either use a holder with a wired in cascade portion or totally hand wired. The trick is making the thing light enough for it to have some natural movement but secure enough to hold together. As concerned and caring as you are- I bet you will do great :)

Reactions: theRKF and SLevi
11721791_937482139607788_1601901618_n (1).jpg

This is a bouquet of vendela ivory roses with white mini calla lilies babies breath, leather leaf, and plumosa I created in July for a bride. I just cut stems and place in a slanted bridal bouquet holder. once design is complete I go in with floralock and lock the crap out of it :) Hope your bouquet went great. I know they can be nerve wracking. I hate using calla lilies because of their fleshy stems but I was happy with how this bouquet came out and the bride was very happy as well. It was a heavy bouquet however but the bride wanted the bouquet similar to how her grandmother had her bouquet many years ago.

View attachment 18978

This is a bouquet of vendela ivory roses with white mini calla lilies babies breath, leather leaf, and plumosa I created in July for a bride. I just cut stems and place in a slanted bridal bouquet holder. once design is complete I go in with floralock and lock the crap out of it :) Hope your bouquet went great. I know they can be nerve wracking. I hate using calla lilies because of their fleshy stems but I was happy with how this bouquet came out and the bride was very happy as well. It was a heavy bouquet however but the bride wanted the bouquet similar to how her grandmother had her bouquet many years ago.

Wow! Absolutely beautiful! Yes I think I would've enjoyed being able to use greens! The bride wanted NO greenery whatsoever. It ended up coming out great and she loved it. I individually glued in each stem and used floralock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: SLevi