Article Jodi Duncan To Speak At Tedxevansville

FlowerChat Blog Feeder

RSS Posting Bot
Sep 6, 2007
One of the floral industry’s premier designers and educators will be taking the stage Tuesday, Oct. 13, at TEDxEvansville.

Jodi Duncan, AIFD, owner of Jodi Duncan Designs in Norris City, Illinois, will deliver an 18-minute anecdote titled “FlowerPowered.”

“It looks at my experience with a single bloom transforming my day and how I was able to affect a community with an anonymous floral installation,” Duncan said.

No stranger to public speaking — she served as the Mayesh Design Star in 2013— Duncan auditioned in the spring “with a ton of people” and made it to the final cut of 13 speakers.

TED is a nonprofit that spreads ideas through short, powerful talks. It began in 1984 as a conference where technology, entertainment and design converged (hence the name), and now covers nearly all topics, be they personal habits or global matters — from improving time management to managing the immigration crisis — in more than 100 languages. Now, cities throughout the world organize independently run TEDx events to spread the knowledge even further.

If you happen to live in or near Evansville, Indiana, you catch Duncan live and in person or at a number of viewing parties around town. The rest of us can watch online. See http://www.tedxevansville.com.

Post from: Florist 2.0 SEO Blog by Florist 2.0

Jodi Duncan to Speak at TEDxEvansville

Continue reading...

Reactions: KABERS