Rti Vs Mercury

Mercury is a very polished and reasonably powerful system. FTD has been using it to replace their entry-level and more advanced POS systems (incl Advantage, which was the RTI competitor).

RTI is a very powerful POS system used by larger shops. It's an older system, but still sold by TF as their upper tier system, while Dove is their entry-level platform.

RTI will be the bigger investment in terms of dollars and learning curve for you and staff.

Have you looked into non-wire service POS systems?

Not yet. We have had Avantage (Mercury) for many, many years. Not currently very happy with it as there have been no improvements and updates to anything but the delivery module in years. So we are looking for other options that are comparable.

That makes sense. When I worked with FTD 10 years ago we were migrating people from Advantage to Mercury POS. I'm surprised to hear it's still around.

If you're happy in the FTD ecosystem, Mercury is a very good POS platform. FTD will be able to migrate your data easily between systems, and you're familiar with the people and processes.

If you want to look at options that won't involve a 5-year contract to FTD I'd suggest MAS as an excellent alternative.

Either way you'll be very well served with your new POS upgrade.

We migrated from Advantage to Mercury many years ago. But they have done nothing to enhance Mercury in the last 6 years, so we are not very happy where we are currently. I at least like to see upgrades and enhancements once a year, which they used to do back when it was Advantage. But no longer. Thanks for the info, I will check out MAS.

Reactions: theRKF