2 questions of the day, please

Maybe you should pretend they never used the words "club". Instead focus on other clues:
- You know they like purple and silver.
- You know they have black and white table and chair covers.
- You know they want uplighting.
- You know they don't like submerged cymbids, cymbids or roses in cylinders, or martini glasses.
- You know they are drawn to crystals and beads (even though they ended up changing their minds).

If they don't go for your most recent proposal, perhaps back up and ask more general questions... Do you want low or tall? Repetitive designs? Sleek or complex? Lots of flower varieties or single varieties? What about greens (like grasses)? This might help you stop trying to figure out what they mean by "club" and instead figure out what it is they actually WANT.

Good luck!

This is what I envision for a holiday/club design!

Floral Design by Tom Simmons AIFD
Photography by Ron Derhacopian
from the November 2009 Flowers&

Attachments

• Nov. Gifts.jpg
    Nov. Gifts.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 28
Could you post some pics of what your customer has showed you? Someone else may be able to latch on to something that would help you out.

No, Sandy, I cannot post any of the pictures that I have been given. Not sure where they originated from, or who they belong to. I won't violate someone's intellectual property rights with out permission granted.

Jennifer, it's beyond the ask questions and solicit answers. This has been going on for 4 + days (since 10:30 pm last Saturday, when I was advised that the client changed his mind....and red was out!) I have been scrambling ever since.

We now have a plan in place, and the flowers were purchased today, and will be in on Wednesday.

I will try to post pictures.

thanks to everyone for your input & suggestions.

Cheryl

Reactions: sandytf
I have worked with the person in charge at the country club where the Jonas Brothers live near here. The club is fabulous on the grounds. But, what I see is a person that is probably overwhelmed with the clientele and so she reacts like she knows it all to compensate for her lack of knowledge.

Sometimes, I think this type of person thinks if they reject designs, they are making themselves look like they are really in charge.

Usually, we end up with a nice, simple, clean arrangement that is really not unusual....but, only after she had the chance to voice rejections. It makes her feel powerful. These seems to be an important part of their job personality.

There we go! There's that picture of the disco ball theme, that looks great too, not a corny 80's look either. Good luck on the event this weekend, we want to see pictures, hope your client is a happy camper.