Not open for further replies.

Flowerchatter03

Co-Owner and Floral Composer
Oct 14, 2007
Cross Lanes
www.crosslanesfloral.com
State / Prov
West Virginia
For those of you who are part of 1-800 flowers, have you heard of the florist appreciation event happening this week? Has anyone been contacted?

According to the notes we received, they are going to visit many shops bringing gifts and such as well as offering % off of their sister companies. There is also some items on the shopping page that are on sale.

Anyone get anything good yet?

I have never heard of anything like this before from the wire services. Should be an interesting week!

OH, I am so very sure we will all feel very appreciated this week....

Sorry if I sound doubtful, I am sure it is all hype to benefit noone but themselves...give us some perks with their sister companies so we spedn our hard earned money more with them..Whats next, TF giving us Franklin mint discounts, oh yeah they already do and figi water too...

I think all we have gotten so far is multiple notes. (So far just a waste of my paper and ink) :rofl: I feel soooo appreciated, and soooo warm and fuzzy. But then again the TF rep was in yesterday and brought me a new mouse pad and calender (no cookies or candies) whoo whoo makes my heart feel giddy with joy. I know, I know, it is the thought that counts, Right?

so far we have received is a special letter to participate in their CARD program. also a list of 5 items for Valentines day to ship automatically. Anyone else receive this & was the thinking on this??? Oh yea, received this 12/9/08 & have to reply to them by 12/12/08, if you don't opt out, items will ship. Let me hear some feed back, thanks

I haven't received anything about a card program. Yet anyway. I didn't get the code via e-mail for their % off so we called and got the info.

I haven't received the opt out letter either. Day is still young and the mail hasn't been delivered yet.

I would have expected more info from them. You know, kind of a play by play of the florists they "visited" and such. So far, I hear the crickets churping.

We got a 20% off code for buying there products- i think that shows they appreciate us. never has ftd or teleflora ever given us 20% off anything. Even when i was Big Apple President of TF did we get a proffesional discount. I thanked them. AT least they are putting there mouth where their wallet is! the WS are always being bashed- 1800 is at least saying that they appreciate us. In my 30 years at FTD and Teleflora they have never said "Thank You " after a major holiday! Bloomnet does and know they are giving us 20% as a thank you!

Reactions: 1 person
We got a 20% off code for buying there products- i think that shows they appreciate us. never has ftd or teleflora ever given us 20% off anything. Even when i was Big Apple President of TF did we get a proffesional discount. I thanked them. AT least they are putting there mouth where their wallet is! the WS are always being bashed- 1800 is at least saying that they appreciate us. In my 30 years at FTD and Teleflora they have never said "Thank You " after a major holiday! Bloomnet does and know they are giving us 20% as a thank you!
Wow Charlie, who would have ever thought...800Flowers appreciating their florists?

I bet if you asked they would provide you a lifetime supply of 800FLOWERS labels, free of charge to put on each and every package that leaves your shop.

And it's not their wallet their putting in place of their mouth....it's your wallet. Look at their Quarterly financial reports and you can see that both revenue and profits are up because of the monies florists are willing to send to them.

And I also hate to break it to you, but if you approached almost any of your vendors, most would be more than happy to give you 20% off your purchases. Their business is going into the dumps, just like every other business.

Think about it.

I got my appreciation phone call last Friday. I am on their radar report for sending messages for more money to deliver to ten-buck-two. Bad Florist... don't you know their policy... Well, I don't think they know mine.. over 12 miles one way here is about 20 minutes.. so please send money to help cover cost, or cancel.

So sad 1800, to bad... I feel the love.

I'd call this way preferable to a couple votives in a box.

which I don't think we got this year, by the way.

I just had my visit....I got cupcakes from Cheryl and Company....nice fresh cupcakes..so nice. Now I do feel appreciated...

Computer question

I hope you can help me here I an about to sign up with Bloomnet. Called them and they told me that I would need a PC computer running Windows to work with them. Is it true ?

I am a Mac user.
Thank you!

I hope you can help me here I an about to sign up with Bloomnet. Called them and they told me that I would need a PC computer running Windows to work with them. Is it true ?

I am a Mac user.
Thank you!

Yes this is true....

why sign up with bloomlink????????????? there's an easier way....just follow the simple instructions

1. Get shovel
2. Dig a big hole
3. Throw money in hole
4. Cover hole with dirt from step 2
5. Pat until smooth

Classy,

type in Bloomnet/1800 etc here on FC and read up on them before you make the move. I agree do NOT pay them for a trial period. They need florists to fill orders, they need you and should not be charging for a trial period. Myself, I would stay away and would work on my own website to take orders away from them!

Status
Not open for further replies.