Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhonda

Nov 1, 2002
Millinocket
www.millinocketflorist.com
State / Prov
Maine
Maine has a Professional Certified Florist program (spawned from Texas, thanks TFA). I took a few classes but they were so basic that I stopped and sent one of my employees who completed the course and graduated.
Now Maine has begun an mmfd course (maine master florist designer) and had their first graduation last year.
So a few friends and I were all sitting at lunch at the design show this weekend and dang if we (maybe we should have been drinking alcohol) didn't all agree to take the darned course this year. I could shoot myself. I'm too old to take classes and too brain dead to retain and test on what I try to read. So we all agreed to take it and either all pass together or flunk together. The funniest part, the afternoon portion of the design show was produced by the mmfd class and the instructor is energetic, down right giddy with her profession, and a very entertaining commentator. And what she said was true "Do you make designs like these but didn't know what they were called and what principles and elements were utilized?"...duh yeah? been doing those designs for over 25 yrs cause I like to do something different from time to time for consumers who appreciate "design".
Now I'll have to memorize all those principles, elements, etc to pass this course. Wish me luck (they don't start till July but I already have my basic text book bought years ago before the courses even began. I think when I first went to a design show done by Phil Rulloda? sound familiar?)
A benefit of belonging to a State Association, of course. And when I was in Teleflora, education was a definite benefit of paying my yearly unit dues. I have always enforced education to my employees, guess now I have to take my medicine and enforce it to myself.
And when my hubby asked what about AAF and AIFD, I told him how expensive and extensive AIFD was, he asked how long I'd be gone......!!!!
One step at a time......one step at a time..

Status
Not open for further replies.