Dear FTD, here's a deal for you.

Chezbloom

Dec 27, 2006
St. Louis Park
www.chezbloom.com
State / Prov
Minnesota
What would a florist get for picturing FTD drop ship (non-floral) repeat (non-floral) gifts? i.e., they have some nice Godiva boxes etc, its all FED EXED or UPS delivered, so we don't touch it, the picture would have a "buy it now button" that went to FTD's order page. Then, we just get a percentage of the sale for offering it on our own independent websites.
Smart, stupid, hypocritical? workable? The rebate would have to be worth it and I would'nt want to pay a membership fee at all. I just offer the image choice and the order goes right to them. They do it anyway with member sites. :handball:

Why FTD?

I suspect there are a bunch of Affiliate Marketers that would be really happy to have you list their products on your site and pay you a percentage of every sale.

I guess I would love to know how to get them to do it. I just picked FTD because I just thought of it. How does one get Godiva to let us sell thier gift baskets etc, do they have exclusive deals with FTD? Just throwing it out there.

money

I guess I would love to know how to get them to do it. I just picked FTD because I just thought of it. How does one get Godiva to let us sell thier gift baskets etc, do they have exclusive deals with FTD? Just throwing it out there.

Last time I looked about 7 years ago you had to buy a special cooler , shelves etc. Initial investment was 75k approx

Why support the WS's at all, JMHO.

Reactions: Chezbloom
Chez,

You are thinking out of the box. That's great!!!! I actually like the idea. You would actually be flipping the tables on them. You could gather orders for them. It really makes a lot of sense. Especially if they only pay when you send them an order. It would be better than pay per click. It really wouldn't cost you or them anything to do it either.

I actually like the idea. You would actually be flipping the tables on them. You could gather orders for them. It really makes a lot of sense. Especially if they only pay when you send them an order. It would be better than pay per click. It really wouldn't cost you or them anything to do it either.
Except that it would cost the local florist that got the order gathered out from under them....

Dropped shipped NON-Floral items versus NON-floral items in your store.

How many of us routinely carry lines of merchandise that are not flower/floral related. Of the total sales of your shop, what percentage do you think is contributed to the sales of NON-FLORAL products.

Plants,fresh flowers, containers, ribbons, permanent botanicals, foliages, etc are what I would call floral related merchandise. Things like plush, chocolates, jewelry, tapestry/throws, scarves, belts, etc. are NON-FLORAL related items.

We talk about the drop-shippers and the OG's taking business away......How much business do they take from us on their NON-FLORAL merchandise from us as florists do you think?

I think TOTO suggested this to MEG WHITMAN (how long ago was that?) when she was at FTD. think BIG AZZ HAM......

and her response was..........................

Reactions: TOTO
Chez, it sounds like a good idea to me. IMHO

Reactions: 1 person
We actually sell very very little non floral and plant items. We just don't have the space and there are plenty of gifty shops all around us. We are going to start making gift baskets, so far we have a grand total of one on our website. Rome wasn't built in a day I guess. But then I hear God created the world in like...a week, so really we should have more gift basket offerings up pretty soon. We kinda lazy here.:kyle

yup

A better option would be a company called www.giftmarketingalliance.com
They have everything you are looking for in drop shipping and are a very good company to work with. They will build web pages for you to link to through your web site and the customer will never know they left your site.
Great Find can you provide any details on results ?
Thanks
Hal