FloristDetective.com

BOSS

FlowerChat Administrator
Oct 31, 2002
Midland
www.smithsflowers.com
State / Prov
MI
The Florist Detective web site www.floristdetective.com has been recently updated, with new content on the front page and more additions throughout.

The Detectives sent this along:

Those Real Florists responsible for the site wish to thank all those other Real Florists that have contributed content and sent in leads, please continue to use the "Contact Us" feature at the bottom of the About Us page. Remember to prove skimming, a paper trail must exist, like both the reciept and the transmission copy.

Sorry for the update delay, but remember, we're Real Florists too :)

Wire services

I feel we Real Florists owe these guys a big thankyou for what they are doing. We have posted a link on our site to theirs with the caution about ordering flowers online to our site visitors and I urge all to do the same.
Rich

Reactions: 1 person
Florist Dective

Steve
Our site is using Front Page and by typing in their www.floristdective.com, and then using the hyperlink button in Front Page to link to their page. You can also do a copy and paste of the www to the page you want to list this on. We have had many responders to this from our site and am in hopes it will help alert the buying public as to what is going on out there.
Rich

Reactions: forevergirl7
rich said:
Steve
Our site is using Front Page and by typing in their www.floristdective.com, and then using the hyperlink button in Front Page to link to their page. You can also do a copy and paste of the www to the page you want to list this on. We have had many responders to this from our site and am in hopes it will help alert the buying public as to what is going on out there.
Rich

Gimme a couple weeks, and I'll have a logo you can use for this purpose, if you wish...

mark

Join the Florist Detective Quality Assurance Team...

The Florist Detectives would like to invite anyone interested in joining the FloristDetective Quality Assurance Team that would be willing to shop various internet sites or suggest sites for FD to shop to join them. There is no charge for this, and any expense occured with shopping on the part of other Real Florists will be reimbursed.

Assist the FloristDetective's in their battle to remove deception in the floral industry by sending me a PM with your suggestions as to what sites you have had trouble with, or what you would be willing to assist with. Please do not post suggestions here.

As evidenced by what was done regarding Kay's recently it takes multiple Real Florists to coordinatehttp://www.floristdetective.com/wst_page16.html these types of efforts.

The FloristDetective's would like to thank you in advance for your support and assistance.

Several folks have asked for an image that they could use on their site to link to Florist Detective...here you go...

If possible, please use> Florist information for consumers < for the ALT Text, and link it to http:///www.floristdetective.com

Attachments

• FloristDetSquare1.jpg
    FloristDetSquare1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 34
I was wondering....

BOSS said:
Several folks have asked for an image that they could use on their site to link to Florist Detective...here you go...
Mark,
Can someone use this logo without using the link?

I am just wondering when the words get around that some order gatherer etc etc. use this logo to show creditbelity to scam people again.

Or even use this logo to go to a different page.

Maybe it should be controlled by someone instead for everyone to get it. Just my 2 cents...
Thank you for all your work you have done regarding this page. When I have my site up and running I will make sure I have this logo in place.

Luc

Luc said:
Mark,
Can someone use this logo without using the link?

I am just wondering when the words get around that some order gatherer etc etc. use this logo to show creditbelity to scam people again.

Luc

Sure, you can use the logo, with out linking it to FD... and I doubt any Order Gatherer would want to bring attention to the Florist Detective...

mark

Printable list

Several folks have asked for a printable version of the FloristDetective list of non-local florists...the link to a printable page is here

Thanks for your support!

We're maturing....

The FloristDetective.com site has had a major face lift and change in format.

Please take a look and let us know what you think...(only good comments :) )

Remember you may have to hit refresh on your browser tool bar to get past your chached pages...

and we have changed the "Watch Order Gathering Live" location to Austin Texas....

Looks 200% better. Love the new logo. I think your opening line up top should be stronger like: Quit getting ripped off or We're here to save you money and headaches... or somehtig to this affect. You're a smart shopper is flattering, but not to the point of your page.

Awesome work Mark. I'm proud to have a link from my retail site to this site. Keep up the good work guys and gals. *wink*

Open Directory Project Still There?

BOSS said:
Several folks have asked for a printable version of the FloristDetective list of non-local florists...the link to a printable page is here

Thanks for your support!

Hello. I've attempted to have our business added to this list and have found many other domains that I've tried to list on that are run by the Open Directory Project DMOZ. Is there a problem with the hosting or why is there no response over a several month period? If there is a problem, how can we get added to your list of florists?

calla
www.flowersunlimitedworldwide.com

calla said:
Hello. I've attempted to have our business added to this list and have found many other domains that I've tried to list on that are run by the Open Directory Project DMOZ. Is there a problem with the hosting or why is there no response over a several month period? If there is a problem, how can we get added to your list of florists?

calla
www.flowersunlimitedworldwide.com

Calla, are you reffering to the list on Florist Detective? (thats what I get from your post). If so, that list is Order Gatherers, Scum and folks we're trying to expose to the public...NOT a list you want to be on. There is no posting allowed on the Florist Detective site...

If however you are a Brick and Mortor Florist and are reffering to the Real Florist Blog, to get listed you can send your shop information to FlowerChat member mlou and you will be added.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused...

Hi Calla,

My reply's a bit off topic for this thread. Just a couple comments about your site...

It's full of a tremendous amount of informational content...which is good. :) (Lovely writing, BTW) Being that flowers are highly visual (and assuming consumers wishing to make purchases would rather see them than read about them) it's a bit difficult to determine you're a local florist from the home page.

I'm curious why a florist's page labeled Order Flowers Online would consist of affiliate links to Grower Flowers and Internet Florist and not link to a shopping cart of your own products? You are obviously working hard to get traffic to your site. Why direct those shoppers to purchase from order gatherers?

Worldwide ordering leads to a full page of AdSense ads. :confused:

Just my .02 but the site doesn't look to be selling your own flowers and appears to be created more to generate affiliate commissions and AdSense dollars.

Cathy

Added: If you have any other questions about your site, please feel free to PM me or post in the Website Forum here. :)