Froogle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter1

I Suck Cuz I'm Banned
Nov 1, 2002
Bancroft, Ontario, Canada
Some of you might have heard of it, but Google has added yet another feature.

It's a shopping search engine is the best way to describe it.

Would be a good idea for all of the REAL Florists that have websites to get listed quickly so shoppers can shop at your site and not some order gather's site.

http://froogle.google.com/

What is it?

What exactly is Froogle?

Froogle is a new service from Google that makes it easy to find information about products for sale online. By focusing entirely on product search, Froogle applies the power of Google's search technology to a very specific task: locating stores that sell the item you want to find and pointing you directly to the place where you can make a purchase.

To use Froogle, go to the "Froogle" link on the advanced search page or go directly to the Froogle home page. Type in the name of the item you want to find and click on "Froogle Search." Almost instantly, you'll see photos of relevant products and links to the stores that sell them. Or you may choose to browse through the merchandise categories listed on Froogle's home page until you find exactly the item you want to buy.

As with all other Google search results, Froogle ranks store sites based only on their relevance to the search terms you've entered. Google does not accept payment for placement within our actual search results, and advertising that appears to the right of Froogle search results is always clearly identified with the label "Sponsored Links."

What's the benefit of being listed in Froogle?
How do I get my products listed in Froogle?
How do I make sure Froogle has accurate information about my products?
How do I submit a data feed?
How do I request that my products be removed from Froogle?
How much do I have to pay to be part of Froogle?
How do I advertise on Froogle?

1. What's the benefit of being listed in Froogle?

Froogle is an extension of the Google search engine that millions of people around the globe use daily to research products before they purchase. Listing your product in Froogle is a free way to extend the reach of your marketing efforts to millions of new customers.

Google's worldwide user base performs more than 150 million searches a day. That presents an enormous opportunity to introduce your products to customers you might otherwise spend millions of dollars in advertising to reach. These are people actively searching for the items you sell. And did we mention inclusion in Froogle is absolutely free?

2. How do I get my products listed in Froogle?

Google crawls billions of webpages every month, so you'll likely be included automatically in Froogle's index of sites. If for some reason your store is not showing up and you would like it to be included in Froogle, please submit a data feed. Doing so will ensure that your entire product catalog is included in Froogle, and it will also allow you to control the freshness and accuracy of your product information. Feeds can be updated as you add new products, change prices, offer special promotions, or discontinue products.

3. How do I make sure Froogle has accurate information about my products?

As its software crawls the web, Froogle automatically identifies products for sale and the picture, price, and category associated with each product. Froogle may occasionally make incorrect assumptions about content, resulting in a mismatch between products and images. While we continuously fine tune this process, the best way to ensure accuracy is to provide us with a data feed that you know to contain the most up-to-date and accurate information about your products.

4. How do I submit a data feed?

If you would like to submit a data feed of your store's product catalog to Froogle, email us at [email protected]. Please include in the email your name, title, phone number, email address, the name of your store, the URL of your store's website, and a brief description of the types of products you sell. We'll send you instructions on how to submit your feed. The first step is to create, in our feed format, a tab-delimited text file, which you can upload to us daily, weekly, or monthly.

There are a few conditions and limitations you should know about if you're thinking of providing a feed to Froogle. This beta release of Froogle only supports U.S. online stores with English-language websites and products priced in U.S. dollars. While we plan to offer support for multiple languages and currencies in the future, we want to be sure Froogle offers the best possible experience to users and merchants before we expand the service. We will not be accepting feeds from international merchants until that time.

Froogle points users to sites where they can buy actual products from the merchants that sell them. Therefore, to be eligible to submit a feed, you must sell products via your website and ship them to the buyer. If you sell services or custom products that do not have fixed prices, use your website only to promote an offline business, or are an affiliate marketing site, your site content may be crawled by and included in Google's web search, but it will not be included in Froogle. Nor will Froogle accept a data feed under these conditions.

Merchants who meet Froogle's criteria and want to submit a data feed must allow Google to crawl their websites by removing any robots.txt files that disallow our Googlebot spider.

5. How do I request that my products be removed from Froogle?

If you do not want your products to appear in Froogle, you can stop the Google spider (Googlebot) from crawling your website by creating a robots.txt file (see Google removal information). Please note however, that this will remove your site from ALL Google search services, including Google's web and image searches.

6. How much do I have to pay to be part of Froogle?

Zip. Zero. Nada. Zilch. Nothing. Inclusion in Froogle is absolutely free. Our goal is to enable users to search over the broadest possible range of products for sale online. To do that, we're including all merchants at no charge. If you really want to pay us, however, we are more than happy to sell you advertising (see below).

7. How do I advertise on Froogle?

If you are a Google AdWords advertiser and have requested that Google distribute your ads to our partner sites, they will automatically appear on Froogle. There's currently no way to have your ads appear only on Froogle and not our partner sites or Google.com. Google Premium Sponsorship ads do not appear on Froogle. To learn more about the advantages of advertising with Google, visit the Google AdWords home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.