Status
Not open for further replies.

goldfish

Feb 8, 2006
Huntington
www.flowers-insolita.com
State / Prov
NY
Try googling "florists in xxxx, yy" (xxxx=your town, yy=state).

When we did that for our town, "FTD free delivery" showed up in the sponsored link, which goes to FTDfloristsonline.com/flowers.

If you click on "delivery info" on top, they claim $0 for "handing fee for domestic orders."

Hmm... Now FTD officially joined the order-skimming business or what?

goldfish said:
Try googling "florists in xxxx, yy" (xxxx=your town, yy=state).

When we did that for our town, "FTD free delivery" showed up in the sponsored link, which goes to FTDfloristsonline.com/flowers.

If you click on "delivery info" on top, they claim $0 for "handing fee for domestic orders."

Hmm... Now FTD officially joined the order-skimming business or what?

Check out this link....they are an FTD member with and FTD created site.....but it's not FTD http://ftdfloristsonline.com/flowers/contactus.html?website_id=504945484848526565

Nope. It's an independently owned flower shop in Cambridge MA called 'Flowers".

For a while, it looked like FTD was going to put a stop to the bogus 'free delivery' OG ads and I note that the 'free' language has been removed from that site and several others.

What FTD doesn't seem able or willing to do (nor Teleflora) is stop the claims in off-site ads that link to their affiliate sites.

CHR said:
Nope. It's an independently owned flower shop in Cambridge MA called 'Flowers".

Yes he is located in Cambridge MA. 2 ½ years in business and is FTD sending top 100. I think it’s is done mostly by pay per click. He is or is close to be sending only. I see orders periodically from him for local Cambridge and Boston delivery. His store name is flowers. That is how he got the default URL www.floristonline/flowers . For those that don’t know all FTD sites have the URL www.floristonline/flowershopname.

We were looking into this one a year or so ago, under a different name, then when I made inquiries to FTD regarding the same business a month or two later they changed the URL and the name. Seems they changed the name of the business so they could use that URL "legally"...

Say that again? Been in business 2 1/2 years and is already a top 100 sender. Boy, you got to love this business!!

That's kinda funny. Just a couple of years back there was a florist at 2350 Massachusetts and this one is at 2368. It was Harold Ryan Inc and owned by by two people - Platt and Fisk. Now this guy is both TF and FTD and is already a top 100 sender for FTD in just 2 1/2 yrs. Small world isn't it??

Status
Not open for further replies.