Funeral Work=Sprays and Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a 20 piece funeral that included an assortment of standing sprays, wreaths and 1 casket piece. I dedicated 1 designer to solely handle the project by herself (not including delivery). She clocked in at 9am and clocked out at 7pm for a total of 10 hours including breaks. The lump sum total price was $3500.00. Most of the flowers were dirt cheap from our local growers and wholesalers. Attached are a close up image of 3 of the wreaths and another image of all 20 at the actual service (they're scattered because the funeral director hadn't properly displayed them yet.)

Attachments

• funeral_1.JPG
    funeral_1.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 40
  • funeral_2.JPG
    funeral_2.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: 1 person
On Funeral Tributes - average

We have mostly requests for wreaths and single ended sprays and posies...main colours: cream/white/green or for gentlemen yellows/oranges/blues..after that pinks and creams for ladies....not necessarily many roses requested....the trend goes to not having many tributes anymore...only one for the closest partner/parent and one shared by siblings ....the rest of the cost for flowers goes into a charity fund...

Wreath (12-14 inches) - picture attached for average cream/green about Sterling ï½£35 to ï½£40 (UK) - time about 30 minutes.....depending on the edging
:flower:

Attachments

• IMGA2666.JPG
    IMGA2666.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 26
Here is a small spray I just did. Took about 20 minutes because I am here alone and had customers and phone to take care of too. Price $75.00

We are getting less and less funeral work. People are doing memorials and less flowers.

Iggy

Attachments

• bloswick.jpg
    bloswick.jpg
    640 KB · Views: 24
It has been a bit since I did funeral work, but this one was done when I was still a shop girl. I believe it was around the 200 mark and time wise I can't remember how long it took but it took longer than normal with the greens I used.

photo

NOt got any pics just yet on this computer but a typical 4 ft coffin spray would cost around ï½£120. This would consist of roses, gerb, cars, spray cars and xanths to fill and also maybe solidago or other filler.

I also find that the quicker i work the more i like it. Sometimes when pondering on work too much i dislike what i make.

Status
Not open for further replies.