gordonc Intro

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not all English

Thanks Cathy, I just put a link in to your blog from my Ready Flowers review.

I described Penny's Flowers as a "Retail internet florist", I didn't know that it meant something else in USA. I apologise.

gordonc

Gordon
I'm actually from England so you can see this is a truly international site. However while we all technically speak the same language there are many many differences and once you've read a few posts you'll get the jist and if you're not sure ask - intrinsically this is a really friendly and sharing site.

We have very similar problems regarding order gathering sites here in the UK but also have a privately owned Interflora/FTD which has added to the interest levels if not changed the whole UK market and not necessarily for the better ... a situation I know the Antipodean units watch with interest.

Based on what I have read I think you will be a valuable addition to the board and hope that the linking of all our countries, given we share the same issues, will see either a faster eradication of the rogues or better still a greater consumer awareness of the problem and shift back to real florists.

C

Gordon
I'm actually from England so you can see this is a truly international site.

Me too, I am from Portsmouth, hitch-hiked (mostly) out to OZ in 1967/8.

Based on what I have read I think you will be a valuable addition to the board and hope that the linking of all our countries, given we share the same issues, will see either a faster eradication of the rogues or better still a greater consumer awareness of the problem and shift back to real florists.
C

Thank you Carrington, its a very interesting subject isn't it , e.g. from my website logs Interflora Australia appear to be taking a great interest in matters and I should imagine that is because my research shows the OG http://www.flowers.com.au is owned by it.

gordonc

Hi Gordon,

Firstly...i really should read more of the posts on here!

I have to say that when i read your intro i could see the flack coming a mile away, even with the advantage of knowing your full story.

Glad that's all cleared up now.

Yes, there are a lot of cultural differences between US, UK & AUS even though we all speak the same language. It's so easy to say something and have it misinterpreted.

For example, in Australia a lot of florists use couriers to deliver. If you're in the UK and say you use a courier, you're immediately labeled as someone who throws flowers in a box in a warehouse and sends them out through the post. Just the way things are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.