Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg J

Jul 7, 2007
Milwaukee
State / Prov
Wisconsin
Good Morning!

My name is Greg Johnson and I own Greenfield Flower Shop Inc, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. My shop has been in business for 50 years at the same location. I've been at the helm since 1977.

Looking forward to learning some new things and sharing my experience as well.

Visit us at
http://www.greenfieldflowershop.com

Reactions: 3 people
Ditto on that question - nice site but why on earth would you refer your business to them? At first I thought it was some kind of SEO until I clicked the links.

Welcome aboard Greg!!

As you can see, we are a nosy bunch...you make one post and everyone goes to check your web site....LOL.

On the subject of your website...how well is it working for you and how satisfied are you with your provider? Intercon Solutions?

I think you'll enjoy yourself here...and if you're like the rest of us...you'll have the chance to learn a lot.

Welcome....and all the best

Hi Greg. Wecome to FC. :)

I'm very interested in hearing why your site uses affiliate links to FTD, Teleflora and GrowerFlowers for your out-of-area deliveries - instead of relaying the orders yourself. Interesting approach.

We have been online since April, 1998. Because of the initial success we had, we dropped all wire services. Our shop has had no wire service affiliations since 1999. We still do relay orders for our clients, via credit card. The links we provide just offer our site visitors choices.

We also use Growerflowers as a drop-ship source on our site. We handle customer service, they provide their datafeed, and they ship the product. Since we implemented the datafeed two years ago, it has provided us with $100 - $500 per month in additional revenue, with almost no work on our part.

Again, we implemented this to give our site visitors lower priced options. The key to our success with this program is that we handle the customer service. That instills trust in the buyer.

It has also allowed us to raise our local prices and concentrate our staff resources on higher margin work. If you want to check out our datafeed implementation, go to http://ww2.greenfieldflowershop.com

As you can see, we are a nosy bunch...you make one post and everyone goes to check your web site....LOL.

On the subject of your website...how well is it working for you and how satisfied are you with your provider? Intercon Solutions?

I think you'll enjoy yourself here...and if you're like the rest of us...you'll have the chance to learn a lot.

Welcome....and all the best

Don't mind this bunch being nosy at all...we're all in this thing together.

Our site is always a work in progress. Intercon did the site design and handles routine maintenance, I handle updating all the content. They have been great to work with.

Reactions: 1 person
We have been online since April, 1998. Because of the initial success we had, we dropped all wire services. Our shop has had no wire service affiliations since 1999. We still do relay orders for our clients, via credit card. The links we provide just offer our site visitors choices.

We also use Growerflowers as a drop-ship source on our site. We handle customer service, they provide their datafeed, and they ship the product. Since we implemented the datafeed two years ago, it has provided us with $100 - $500 per month in additional revenue, with almost no work on our part.

Again, we implemented this to give our site visitors lower priced options. The key to our success with this program is that we handle the customer service. That instills trust in the buyer.

It has also allowed us to raise our local prices and concentrate our staff resources on higher margin work. If you want to check out our datafeed implementation, go to http://ww2.greenfieldflowershop.com

Don't mind this bunch being nosy at all...we're all in this thing together.

Our site is always a work in progress. Intercon did the site design and handles routine maintenance, I handle updating all the content. They have been great to work with.
I love a man who likes to talk! Thanks for openly sharing a successful program - welcome to Flowerchat.

tracy

Status
Not open for further replies.