Not open for further replies.

mlou

Nov 27, 2003
Houston
ilocalflorist.com
State / Prov
Texas
http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7882

A little more detail about the sales numbers...

I hope those florists that continue to say they get one online order for every two, three or four phone calls based on their site exposure take a good look at their sites to see how they can increase conversions.

1. Target consumers who are looking for a gift...
Consumers come to your website because they are looking for a product or service. When the consumer hits your website, you know they’re interested in your floral products and want more information. So how do you attract them? The best ways to attract consumers who are looking for your floral products and services is to make sure your website can be found in the search engines, the directories, to use pay-per-click ads like Google Adwords and to get your floral articles published everywhere you can online.

2. Start a Conversation...
When a consumer walks in your store, you don’t immediately try to sell them. Instead you introduce yourself and try to get a conversation going by asking them questions. First you find out what you can about their gift needs and which flowers would best suit their needs.

The same is true with your website. If you immediately try to sell the consumer, you’ll turn the consumer off and they’ll go away. Instead, write marketing copy on your website that begins a conversation with the consumer.

Start by asking them the most common questions on their minds relative to your flower products or service. Continue to ask questions about their flower needs. Use this virtual conversation to spell out the consumers concerns and, once you’ve defined them, explain how your flower shop will provide that and service their needs.

3. Build a Relationship by Being Helpful...
Where does your best business come from? Repeat consumers you’ve been helping for years.
Converting online consumers to clients involves doing the same things with your website marketing. Offer a free newsletter to consumers to prompt them to give you their contact information. List commonly asked floral questions; then the answer. Include content on the website that demonstrates your flower shop's expertise and knowledge of your consumers floral needs.

4. Make it Personal...
Make a personal connection with your consumer. Use your website to help the consumer get to know you.

• Post a picture of yourself or your staff.
  • Try using audio or video clips with ideas the consumer.
  • Using ‘Live Help’ on your site.

Remember, your best competitive advantage is the strength of your relationship with your consumers.

Here is what Decker Marketing suggests...
http://decker.typepad.com/welcome/2004/12/35_quick_ideas_.html

Within these questions, or stages of purchase, here are some top suggestions to help increase online conversion:

Can I find that item I’m looking for?
Tune your internal search engine to match top search terms to product pages
Put top sellers on home page. People buy on impulse or recommendation.
Match the landing page to the marketing campaign. Use vanity urls for offline advertising.
Test your categories, naming and navigation with customers. They’re less intuitive than you think.

Can I find something that interests me?
Put top sellers on home page
Add related items to a product view
Add relevant, topical-based shopping navigation or search
Add interactivity to pull visitors into your site or a page

Do I really want this product?
Display larger product pictures
Show the product in action
Headline the results your product promises
Feature benefits in the copy
Make it easy to read – bullets, short sentences/paragraphs, conversational.
Add substantiated recommendations (“4 out of 5 florists…”)

Can I get it for the right price?
Add a limited time promotion to a product or category
Use Free Shipping (#1 online promotion)
Show a good, better, best options
Show comparisons to competitors
Slash through pricing
Repeat the deal or promotion on every page

Can I trust this company?
Clean up the site design
Add testimonials
Add security certifications
Add affiliations
Get listings in BizRate, Froogle, Epinions, etc.
Show your personality
Increase the font size
Less is more
Highlight your money back guarantee
Include privacy, contact us, about us pages.
Add a phone number

Can I checkout easily?
Add a call to action on every page
Copy the best-practices in cart and checkout
Add reassurance statements (security, guarantee, etc.)
Add a phone number on every page

Reactions: 2 people
sweet post, thanks mlou. Gunna print this out tomorrow for my girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.