Announcement Join In! Lonely Bouquet Day (june 30)

Gina B Kellogg

Pro Member
Sep 30, 2011
Overland Park
www.hottcornflakes.com
State / Prov
KS
Lonely Bouquet DayBy Hannah Dunne, Florist & Wholesale Buyer

lonely-bouquet-pic.jpg
Sunday 30th June

The Lonely Bouquet is “a movement dedicated to spreading happiness and smiles, one flower at a time”. The idea is simple; make a bouquet, attach a “take me!” tag, and leave it for a stranger to find to brighten their day.
Lonely Bouquets have already been papped all over the world, but with the introduction of a whole day dedicated to the cause we should get strangers smiling on all corners of the globe! The first inter(National) Lonely Bouquet Day will take place on Sunday 30th June. Don't forget!
Not only is the initiative a gorgeous idea, but by promoting the event and the concept in general you'll be promoting the flower industry itself in a lovely new light which could get a whole bunch of new consumers interested in flowers, boosting smiles and sales all round!
Why not try it for yourself, make posters, cards, hand out “take me!” tags to everyone who enters your shop to encourage them to join in and pass on the message to colleagues, friends and customers.

Read the rest of the story here.

We will be taking part ~ I put out a call on facebook and people have been bringing boxes of vases for the event. I saw someone else post that they would be leaving clues ~ I LOVE that idea. I may have to do some mapping and clue work this evening. I think we will do 10 bouquets. I have some yellow and white daisies from last weekends wedding that are still very pretty but by the weekend not selling quality. I also picked up some local zinnias for $.25 a piece so may stick some of those in there too. I'm trying to keep my cost at under $5 a bouquet.

Reactions: theRKF
This is a fantastic idea. We have distributed flyers and "Take me!" tags to all of our member florists, and also posted tags on our Facebook page (facebook.com/greenboxfloral) for users to download and print. We will also be distributing some Lonely Bouquets from our own shop.

Reactions: theRKF
Well no local publicity but we have had several calls and customers stop in to thank us for this event. They were not even people who received bouquets. They just wanted us to know how much they appreciated it. We had 10 people tell us where they found them through email, facebook, and by mail. It was an amazing experience and we are looking to make it even bigger and better next year!

Reactions: Nathan Harwell
This is the perfect kind of event for media to cover--just such a feel-good story. Next year, sending out a press release to alert the media that you will be participating and what the event is all about is bound to generate some great exposure for florists how participate. (Remind me and I'll write up a press release that FlowerChatters can personalize for next year!)

Well no local publicity but we have had several calls and customers stop in to thank us for this event. They were not even people who received bouquets. They just wanted us to know how much they appreciated it. We had 10 people tell us where they found them through email, facebook, and by mail. It was an amazing experience and we are looking to make it even bigger and better next year!

Lori, we saw your great bouquets on Facebook. It's awesome to see the response people have when they receive a Lonely Bouquet.

Reactions: secretgarden