'make & take' design classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolyn

Jul 5, 2004
Greeley, Co.
State / Prov
Colorado
Has anyone held 'make & take' classes for your customers? I want to implement something new for those crafty customers. What has been your experience and what was your best class offering. Thought I would offer a 10% discount for any instore purchase of gift, home decore items to those attending the class. I have room for eight to make & take. I've costed out a fall wreath class; all product + instruction = $50. Any thoughts pro & con appreciated.

Carolyn.. have you checked out what the Flower Promotion people have to offer? http://www.flowerpossibilities.com/index.html check them out!.. they have lots of ideas for your customers. I think you have a great idea and i would like to do something similar.( maybe a recipie of the week or month with the flowers used on special ).. the flower promotion ppl have a dvd and some promo materials i thought about using.

I have been doing these classes for years, first in a craft store and then when I opened the shop here. Our price point is much lower $10-15 for adult classes. When the price point gets over $20 there is limited response. We teach a new "concept" each class, but they always have something nifty to take home. We are always pretty much at capacity often not having enough spots especially around Thanksgiving and Christmas when we add classes. I don't make a bundle on the classes but they have produced some of my most loyal customers who have a good idea what their limitations are :)
We have even done this as a pre-wedding girls night out. I know there are critics of this theory but in my market it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.