Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2002
striderseo.com
State / Prov
DE
Official FlowerChat Order-Gatherer Registry

Here is the official FlowerChat Community Order-Gatherer List

Please post as much info as you can, including Web site domain name, flower shop name or company name, wire service affiliations and numbers, and special offers. Specifically, we are looking for companies that misrepresent themselves as being "local" florists, or who offer "free" delivery then send the order to a different shop for fulfillment.

The List:
--------------------------------------------
Vancouver Flower Company (operating as)

60minutesflowers.com
alfalfa flowers
northamericanflorist.com
---------------------------------------------
800-800-ROSE
in some town in Iowa (their ad says Iowa City, IA but the FTD
Directory says they are an also-serves for that town)
FTD 15-3833BR (or 15-3833AI)
www.888-888-rose.com
Simon Says Roses
BC
www.simonsaysroses.com
FTD Member
Check if your shop is listed on their site!
FTD.com
Collect service charge, commission, rebate & clearing %
Angel Touch Flowers
Surrey, BC
888-637-6737
angeltouch.com
bridesresourcecentre.com
604-273-7457Burnetts Florist
888-492-6144
burnettsflorists.ca
comoxflowerpot.com
800-663-7927
Floragift.com
TF 05-877700 (Mississauga, ON)
Might have a US TF number, too
florist.com
800-709-9622
Flowers by Sears 800-461-3233
-Jackman's in North Bay
-Tidy's in Toronto
Flowers Your Way
800-667-2837
www.hallmark.com
1-800-HALLMARK
their ad proclaims "fresh cut seasonal flowers
includes vase, full-size card and gift box
overnight delivery satisfaction guarantee
costs no more than the average bouquet"
----------------------------------------------
Hanna Florist
Toronto, ON
FTD & TF (most traffic via FTD)
www.flowerscanada.com
justflowers.com
800-366-3024
Karins Flowers
Vienna VA,
advertise in the YPs nationwide
as "Flowerssenttoday.com" and "Bloomsusa.com"
McCarthy's flowers
Wilkes-Barre, PA, and other cities
(under McCarthy's flowers)
are an SFO
FTD member# 43-3318ZA
Queen Elizabeth Flowers
"24 Hr Flower Power"
www.24hrflowerpower.com
800-465-6270
They have been reported to request billing terms and delay payment.
redroseflorist.ab.ca
800-661-1568
myflowerworld.com
canadasflorists.com 888.682.7719

------------------------------------------------
Galaxie Florists Montreal 450.672.3343

-------------------------------------------------
Nationsflorist.com in PA

---------------------------------------------------

FloraWorld in Edmonton, Alberta

Dial A Flower out of Frankewing TN.
Teleflora # 55-049300

localflorist.com

**This information is listed as reported. It is not verified, nor do we make any claims about the character or operations of these businesses. This list is for reference use only.

Do you think Ryan by posting this list, that you may have legal issues to resolve?
Just wondering?
Luc

Skimmers list

Originally posted by Luc
Do you think Ryan by posting this list, that you may have legal issues to resolve?
Just wondering?
Luc

It's called posting the truth. Example Floragift is in the Teleflora directory and it's listed as Sending Only, I'm told if a shop gets a order it comes from Philadelphia and they deny it's coming from there.

Just make sure on how you use the word Skimmer. As it can be considered that these florists are skimming money off these orders (which they may not be). These are order gatherers. One of which on the list has a very real shop with flowers and all.

If all it takes is to have a website then you will have to add several members of this board to your list.

Reactions: 1 person
Flowers by Sears

I wouldn't consider Flowers by Sears a skimmer - it functions much like a wire service of sorts.

Flower by Sears redirects it's phone calls to Flower by Sears members in a town. If a customer calls the 1-800 number, they are connected to a local florist who fills the order. Order gatherer - yes. Skimmer, no.

Audra

Audra I am going to disagree with you on the flower by sears
I wasa member for a while until I realize a few things. My orders coming from North Bay I was only given 5.00 per order for delivery even if they got more. Also I was forced to go with thier price when they advertise something even if my price was higher which resulted in me leaving them.
One thing is that I won't be forced to accept orders that are below my minimum especially when it says fill to value which I did and then I had to make up to full value.
I also see that Ryan did change from skimmer to order gatherer.
I am sure there is lots more out there.
Luc

Audra, Flowers by Sears is an order gatherer, yes AND at the expense of the local florist. They only redirect their orders if you're part of the Flowers by Sears network and I believe, their costs are even higher.Starting a couple of years ago I found their ad in our local yellow pages and haven't filled their orders ever since. The reason they are in our yellow pages is so my local customers can call them to order so, in some cases, they can send the order to me by merc! They can take your business by offering specials that may be below your price and then expect you to fill it; even if they have to give you extra then they're the good guys in your customers eyes, you're not and they still get the 20% sending commission! What's the deal with Tidy's? Are they sending out flowers by Sears orders because Sears cannot get them filled?

Beware under priced

orders from *** Jenny's Floral Studio in Sarnia ***. FTD C1 at 63.99 including delivery! SRP BEFORE delivery is more than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also beware of an "official looking" invoice from IWeddings.com for some directory listing!!

Re: Beware under priced

Originally posted by Rock
orders from *** Jenny's Floral Studio in Sarnia ***. FTD C1 at 63.99 including delivery! SRP BEFORE delivery is more than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also beware of an "official looking" invoice from IWeddings.com for some directory listing!!

We've received 3 of these "invoices" in the last month alone.

They'll get busted, eventually ... just like they all do.

Got two of those invoice and I called and complained to them. THey told me that they where not really invoice because of that they put at the top. I told her to take my name off the list right away.
I tell you some people just make my skin crawl...
Maybe we should send them a invoice to advertise their business in our shop....Hey I will do that when I ge their next invoice..I will mail them one...
Luc

Jackman's

According to Jackman's site
"We are proud to have been recognized as the Canadian Florist of the Year by Teleflora Inc. for the last six years running!"
I cannot recall of TF declaring such a designation; what is this all about?

It is called, butter me up...
Jackmans send Teleflora, they get teleflora discount is oyu are a flowers by sears member.

Originally posted by jbarb
here's another

www.areaflorist.com

Do they really qualify?

1) They don't pretend to BE everywhere.

2) They say they use FTD & TF.

3) They admit to a service charge.

4) Do they transfer the whole amount to the filling shop?

Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of this list.
Areaflorist.com is advertsing locally as being a local florist, which they are not. They are also advertising that the delivery price is included in the price of the flowers and yet they are advertising at below SRP so in this case if they were to send an order to my shop, the delivery fee would be deducted and the order would be filled to value.
They are advertising in all of the towns in our county as being local with same day delivery.
I won't fill for them.

Jim

Originally posted by jbarb
Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of this list.
Areaflorist.com is advertsing locally as being a local florist, which they are not. They are also advertising that the delivery price is included in the price of the flowers and yet they are advertising at below SRP so in this case if they were to send an order to my shop, the delivery fee would be deducted and the order would be filled to value.
They are advertising in all of the towns in our county as being local with same day delivery.
I won't fill for them.

Jim

If this is true, they surely qualify.

In one place they say delivery is free and another it is included; they're just a poorly thought out site that lies to their customers by saying that even though they use the same WS they are cheaper, I guess if you're a stupid consumer you might go for it!
They do say they're located in Gaithersburg but it seems they attempt to mention it inconspicuously without saying what state (?).

On an incoming order it would come from Flowers World Wide of Gaithersburg, MD not areaflorist.com.........
And by the way, although listed by ftd.com, they do not have their site with FTD and have a sublisting.

Latest issue of Flowers&/In Bloom

Teleflora has recently rewarded FloraWorld with a plaque. Good to see Teleflora rewarding a Order gatherer. Teleflora V.P. Mark Nance made the trip up to Canada to present it to them. Great to see Teleflora rewarding Hardworking Ordergatherers.