Poll for Canadian florists re FTD orders from US!!!

For a C$70.00 arr how much do you need from US FTD florist?

• US $70.00

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • US$ 46.20

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • US$ 48.28

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • US$ 58.87

• US$ 53.05

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock

Oct 31, 2002
Somewhere
State / Prov
Edge of the World
If you receive an order from the US via FTD for an arrangement that you normally sell for 70.00 how much do you need from the US florist to be properly compensated (ignoring delivery charge for purpose of comparison)?
I'll post my findings after some votes

BJ, It will all come out in the wash (800FlowersSucks aggravation fees excepted)!!!!!!!

Well if you do a straight converson money to money at the current exchange rate it would be around $45.

But that is just a conversion, don't know about any other fees or such Canada might have that the US does not.

In Newfoundland we have to lop off 18% to allow for the HST
(horse S@@t Tax), the provincial government and Feds combined so that every minute thing is taxed to the hilt.

Sunny, None of us like the tax (HST) BUT you gotta admit it is better than what it replaced (and what Ontario has); as a business we pay out 15% and get it all back (ITC) whereas the old system of 7% GST and 12% PST (compounded, I might add) equalled 19.84% of many business expenses of which we only got back 7% as a ITC.
Anyway, enough of taxes, lets get to the answers.
For those of you who chose
a. US$70.00....you wish! this would leave you just a little overcompensated!!!
b. US$ 46.20....Nope! This is 70.00 x .66 cents (but nothing to do with FTD orders!!!!)
c. US$ 48.28 this will give you 70.00 but nothing for the tax!!! (48.28 x 1.45=70.00) so will end up paying out money you didn't collect.....
d. US$ 58.87 correct, IF you're in NS, NB or Nfld & Lab (58.87 x 1.45 less 18%=70.00)
e. US$ 53.05 Also correct IF you're in the rest of Canada (except Que) (53.05 x 1.45 less 9%=70.00)

Solar abacus and it's dark out tonight!!! :D
BJ, if you're familiar with the Que situation maybe you could post on how it works and the obligations of the Que florist for the GST AND their own provincial tax!!!!

What's the matter does the sun not shine on the rock?.......the exact price they would need for that $70.00 canbuck arrangement would be $57.815 US dollars.

But FTD has made it fairly simple by putting conversion charts in the front of the Canadian directory...... :D

Or you could go to the Canadian Florist Board there are still conversion charts up there!!!:)

While we are on the subject maybe Peter1 could let us know about conversion rates for his wire service.;)

Originally posted by BBJ (Big Bad John)
What's the matter does the sun not shine on the rock?.......the exact price they would need for that $70.00 canbuck arrangement would be $57.815 US dollars.

While we are on the subject maybe Peter1 could let us know about conversion rates for his wire service.;)

When I get a minute later tonight or tomorrow I'll post some examples of our rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.