Status
Not open for further replies.

joanne

Oct 31, 2002
dunnville ontario canada
www.heathertonsflorist.com
State / Prov
ont
I just learned today Marilyn Fletcher owner of Village Green Florist of Binbrook passed away Jan 27..I knew she had been sick but this came as a shock today when one of the girls from her shop called with a teleflora order. I asked how Marilyn was doing and she then informed me of her passing.. She will be surely missed.. we used to have some great chats on the phone and she was one that you could kid around with and enjoy a laugh with.. My sympathies to Bill and her children during this difficult time .. Joanne:mad: :(

I thought you were aware Joanne....

actually, Marilyn suffered a huge stroke just before Christmas, and I was speaking with her 3 days prior, and there was nothing in our conversation to indicate that Marilyn was in this danger!!
I'm sure you're ALSO aware,that she and Bill had split up and Marilyn was basically on her own.
Marilyn was one of those bright lights...that continues to burn...and the reason I didn't report this to the board, was that, even though we have a sympathy fund set up here, there was really not enough information on whom to send the flowers to, how to get a hold of them, or even get an answer at the shop....the phones were NOT being answered,and I tried several times....even just to leave a message.
She DID NOT DESERVE THIS....especially THIS girl!!
Mike

NO Mike , i did know that she had couple of stroked as sue conway told me. as we also tried to get a hold of her shop. Yesterday is when i found out she had passed away.the shop is open Melanie and Elaine are in there now and by the looks of it they are gonna take it over. And you are right Marilyn was a bright spot in our lives. I truly enjoyed talking to her and having a few good laughs.. she was a great character. Joanne

Status
Not open for further replies.