Silk Hydrangea

peggy70130

Jan 2, 2009
New Orleans
State / Prov
Louisiana
We just received a large order for a movie set, that will need to be delivered on the 23rd. The designs are to be based in hydrangea. They suggested that the hydrangea be silk, with the other flowers in the design being fresh.
I need some suggestions of where to find good quality silks. We haven't done silks in ages here, so I can't even come up with a company name of nice silks.
Apparently a lot of the arrangements will be damaged during one of the scenes where there is a fight. With the silk hydrangea, we should only have to replace the fresh that gets damaged. I guess their thought is that less flowers will have to be replaced each time, with the base being silk.
Since this is kind of last minute, I'll need to order as soon as possible.
I've searched silk hydrangea, and found quite a few sites, but I would love to have someone recommend a company that they've dealt with.
Thanks!!

Thanks Flowerchatter03, I have looked at their site, I remember seeing them here a while back. They have a nice one, but this customer wants blue that are shaded with green, and white. I'll give them a call.

I was going to say Pioneer also. They are so nice and ship immediately. Sullivans is also pretty nice but I don't think you could get it in time and the minimum opening order might be too much. My rep is Vicky, here is her cell# if you'd like to ask 269-716-3065. As much as i'm not a fan of hobby lobby, they do have a higher end line that is a good price when it's 1/2 off. Good luck

Thanks! I'll be calling Pioneer. I'll need several hundred stems, so that might take care of a minimum. I'll need them as soon as possible, so I guess I'd better not try Sullivan's.

Hi all
I've just come back to Flowerchat and came across this post. I know its an old post but I just had to tell you that it made my night to see you all suggest us and say nice things. Peggy, I am sorry we couldn't help you, but maybe next time.

Reactions: KABERS