Status
Not open for further replies.

Carrieann

Jun 3, 2007
Plattsburgh
www.nelsonflowershop.com
State / Prov
NY
Last week I sent an order for a funeral in another state for a customer. Delivery date for 3/13. In the instructions I said "please check calling hours and deliver for first services" (this is a standard message our shop sends on all outgoing funeral orders)

Received a call today from our customer, the flowers were delivered on the day AFTER the services. I checked the order, called the shop and was told that WE sent them the wrong date. We argued back and forth for some time. She also said that in the instructions I wrote that the calling hours were Friday at 6:30pm, I did NOT.
We faxed each other our orders. Her order did have the delivery date of 3/14 and in the instructions under what I DID write was calling hours are Friday at 6:30pm.
Teleflora headquarters was called on both ends, and as it turns out, they said sometimes the delivery date is changed in the process of the order!! WTF!!!

Has anyone ever heard of this before????

And how the he11 did the extra text appear in the instructions?????

I still feel the receiving florist should of been aware of the calling hours and delivered the arrangement in time for the services. With funerals, you only get one shot... you can't re-deliver!!

On ALL our funeral orders LOCAL AND WIRES we ignore the delivery date the customer gives us, we verify ALL calling hours with the FUNERAL HOME and deliver when the FUNERAL HOME TELLS US THEY WANT THE FLOWERS THERE!! In fact we have a clip board which we write down funerals that have been called to verify hours. Are we the only ones who do this?? It just seems like common sense to me. Even looking at the paper (which we do post) doesn't always work, sometimes there are private hours for the family that are not published or sometimes the hours or days are misprinted.

Last week I sent an order for a funeral in another state for a customer. Delivery date for 3/13. In the instructions I said "please check calling hours and deliver for first services" (this is a standard message our shop sends on all outgoing funeral orders)

Received a call today from our customer, the flowers were delivered on the day AFTER the services. I checked the order, called the shop and was told that WE sent them the wrong date. We argued back and forth for some time. She also said that in the instructions I wrote that the calling hours were Friday at 6:30pm, I did NOT.
We faxed each other our orders. Her order did have the delivery date of 3/14 and in the instructions under what I DID write was calling hours are Friday at 6:30pm.
Teleflora headquarters was called on both ends, and as it turns out, they said sometimes the delivery date is changed in the process of the order!! WTF!!!

Has anyone ever heard of this before????

And how the he11 did the extra text appear in the instructions?????

I still feel the receiving florist should of been aware of the calling hours and delivered the arrangement in time for the services. With funerals, you only get one shot... you can't re-deliver!!

On ALL our funeral orders LOCAL AND WIRES we ignore the delivery date the customer gives us, we verify ALL calling hours with the FUNERAL HOME and deliver when the FUNERAL HOME TELLS US THEY WANT THE FLOWERS THERE!! In fact we have a clip board which we write down funerals that have been called to verify hours. Are we the only ones who do this?? It just seems like common sense to me. Even looking at the paper (which we do post) doesn't always work, sometimes there are private hours for the family that are not published or sometimes the hours or days are misprinted.
And yet, one more reason NOT to be teleflora!
I really don't get why so many florist continue to pay to be in such an unprofessional
organization. Be brave! Drop them!

considering the order should go from one machine to a mainframe and then to the florist code you entered, there should be NO manual handling of that order if it was sent by Dove..........."auto routing" should the shop code you chose be offline or not available in a time frame for delivery should also be handled by the system, not an operator. Hmmmm....
That is "tampering" with an order transmitted by you.
Hmmm, can you say .......big brother??
That is really weird and totally off the wall what they told you.

I always try to check online for visitation and service times to verify the date and time unless the family has private viewing they have informed us about. The websites for the various funeral homes usually have the correct times and locations, I don't always trust the local paper. Bad call on the part of the receiving florist not to double check, especially on an out of town order.

"Teleflora headquarters was called on both ends, and as it turns out, they said sometimes the delivery date is changed in the process of the order!! WTF!!!"

Well that:boggles: says it all does'nt it?
Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:boggles::boggles:

Status
Not open for further replies.