Announcement Updating the FlowerChat Website--And We Need YOUR Input!

Gina B Kellogg

Pro Member
Sep 30, 2011
Overland Park
www.hottcornflakes.com
State / Prov
KS
We're currently preparing to update and revise the FlowerChat website, starting with the home page. But to do so, we need YOUR input. Tell us:

1) What are the top 2 or 3 things or reasons you find the FlowerChat website necessary or helpful to being successful in your business?

2) What areas of FlowerChat do you visit regularly?

3) What areas of FlowerChat are underutilized or need updating?

4) What do you think FlowerChat is missing that would make it even better?

We look forward to your help and input!

g.

I check the forums every single day. It reminds me - I'm not alone and if -------can do it, so can I.
I wish the directory worked or was better! Being wire free i'd love to be able to put in a city or zipcode and find a FC florist quickly!!!!!!!!!!!!
For having so many members - wish more would post and get involved. What's the deal people!!

Jenifer: Thank you SO MUCH for responding. As of my writing this message, 49 other FlowerChat members have viewed my request but only YOU took the time to respond. I am so grateful for that!

As for the rest of you? No worries! I will come after each of you individually if I have to to get your response! ;) (<--That's supposed to be a wink!)

Truly, though I need your input! If you are visiting FlowerChat daily, weekly or only occasionally, the only way we can gauge what areas to revamp, improve or add to the site is via your comments. So get on board, people! FlowerChat's future depends on YOU! :soapbox:

Gina Kellogg has approved this message!

Reactions: KABERS
I also think it would be a better forum if Mikey posted a joke or words of wisdom every single day!
We need a little more levity and to feel comfortable just throwing ideas around.

Reactions: Gina B Kellogg
And Gina, I'm a few of those 49... Thing is I think FC is, well, unimprovable... So no additions, other than the couple we spoke about privately...

Agree about a better directory. I would love to be able to locate a member quickly. I read the forum almost every day and learn something valuable from it almost every week. Can't ask for much more than that!

Gina,

I'm one of those 49 as well, but sometimes need to think about things before I can make a suggestion. Maybe you can continue to gather thoughts and ideas for a week or two to give us time to think of things or analyze our routine a little bit and figure out what improvements could be made.....

I check in everyday (mostly) also.It gives me a place to improve on my business,techniques,new info on the biz and like the chance to rant and rave when needed and not worry about the general public. I really can't think of anything that would improve except like the others maybe the directory.
I just really enjoy FC and I'm glad I'm apart of it's community.

I don't know if this is possible or if it's something I could fix on my own but I want to be able to stay logged in. I wish Flowerchat did not log me out for such a short time of non-activity. On facebook I'm always logged in on my computer at work so it's much easier to check in here and there.

And I would also like a feature to search for members by city/state

I don't know if this is possible or if it's something I could fix on my own but I want to be able to stay logged in. I wish Flowerchat did not log me out for such a short time of non-activity.
I always stay logged in... you should see a radio button to check when you log in that says 'remember me' I think it is.... just don't hit the Log Out button when you leave, just change in your browser to the next site you want to move to...

Thanks to EVERYONE for their responses so far! As suggested, please continue to give some thought to how you use the site over the next week or so and then feel free to add your comments. I'll be regularly monitoring (as always) and gathering the suggestions and ideas. It's great that so many think the site is perfect as-is, but we always want to do what we can to make it even better! So put on your thinking caps as you scroll through and then let us know about any little ways that we can make the experience that much better, easier, more efficient and useful.

And, truly, another big thank you to you all!

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I love flowerchat to keep informed on what's going on in the industry. However, I do have one complaint. The flowerchat website is the only one that constantly makes clicking noises and is really slow responding when I click on anything. This is a fairly recent occurance -about 4 or 5 months ago and it is so annoying I sometimes just click off the site. I don't think it's my computer because I don't have problems with any other website.Other than that I do like to check in a few times a week if I can.

Dianne