Off Topic Wedding Consultation- How to Save Time and Effort

James

May 14, 2009
Ottawa
State / Prov
ON
One of the biggest time sinks we have at our shop is wedding consultations. We typically have a 1-1 consult for about an hour, then notes are compiled into a quote, converted to pdf, and mailed to the client (another hour).
Recently, we have been taking notes during the consultation, providing pricing, then keeping a photocopy of the informal quote. The client goes off with the original.
Moving forward, I am looking into an online service called formmobi. It will allow us to build our quotation form (all contact info, wedding details, prices, totals with tax...) and allows you to create quick lists (for instance Bridal Bouquets- can have a quick list of our most popular options). There is also an option to add photos but only by taking a photo there and then, or if it's on your iPad/iPhone photo library.
Right- that's the real beauty of this system- you can run through the consultation with an iPad.
Here's the link: https://www.formmobi.com/
If anyone is interested in collaborating on a generic form, let me know. I'm in the process of building one (very simple- drag and drop) and it looks like it may be a good fit.
They have a 30 day free trial, then $10/month...
Cheers,
James

Hi James...

Not sure how I MISSED your posting, but I did!

How far have you gotten with a "generic" form? What has been your experience with the formmobi company?

Bill

Hi Bill,
We abandoned the iPad form. We now just have a three pager that fill out as the consult progresses, with final page of totals and terms. Client then gets a photocopy.
Still want to incorp. The iPad- maybe for photo reference - ideally Pinterest boards once we have this up and running.
Thanks for your follow up.
I'm at a social media con today in San Diego. So many choices on networks etc to be on, but I hunk the real question is how do we translate what is so special in our shop (beautiful, natural, inspiring... An escape... An experience ...) into the social media space to reach our current clients and all those potential ones?
How about you- any fave platforms or strategies you are isn't or considering?
Warm Regards,
James

Thanks for the note...

Your post and a weekend seminar triggered an idea for us. The presenter uses the term "Consultation request form" as a way to help clients go from the general: "I need flowers" to the specific "I Need THESE arrangements in THESE quantities."

Previously used a "wedding planner" that accomplished a similar goal, but required the bride to download a form, print it out, fill it in, and then call us for an appointment.

TOO MANY STEPS and not easy for us to go from inquiry to needs assessment to appointment to sale.

So... I generated a FREE (I like free) online form that brides can fill out and then it automatically is sent to us. When they do, I have WHO they are, WHAT they want, WHERE the event(s) take place and WHEN they need them.

(Theoretically!... I just put this on our website and have not yet gotten the first REPLY.)

The form is HERE: http://flowerhut.com/weddings.html

NOW I need to develop a quotation form (using Excel?) that our Lead designer/wife can use to generate a quotation that we can hand to the bride and use to close the deal!

All the best,

Bill

Reactions: dlnfloral