Why does my Google place page periodically disappear?

blumen

Jan 3, 2004
Pittsburgh
www.ludwigflowers.com
State / Prov
PA
Twice I have discovered that my Google places page (filled with lots of good reviews) has disappeared. If I do a small edit on it, it will reappear.

Does anyone know why this might be happening? (Incidentally, I have two websites. Www.blumen.com is well-configured for SEO and points to my Media99 site at www.ludwigflowers.com.)

Linda

Reactions: bootcampguy
I'll answer my own question, for anyone who is interested.

Here are two replies from the Google forum:

Google seem to be doing something about the 'hiccup' with the last release at the moment.
Jim Jaggers says leave listings alone at the moment, certainly avoid major edits.
You will have to persevere doing what works for now.

and:

@blumenmom - there are frequent bugs on Google Places and sometimes a listings gets "stuck". When this happens it stops appearing on Google Maps and usually when you try to go to it, Google displays the message "We currently do not support the location." When you make some minor edits on the Place page you "poke" the listing so it becomes active and shows up on Google Maps once again.

Linda -

There are lots of bugs in G Places right now. Plenty of speculation that a major update is just around the corner since big bug clusters usually precede rollouts.

Sounds like you got some good advice in the Places help forum.

yes, the programmers mixed up G-string with G-place in their algorithms