xmas artificial designs

lori042499

May 3, 2006
Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
www.affairstorememberflorist.com
State / Prov
MA
So i thought I would get a head start on trasforming the store, because the fall roll out went way slower than I expected....

Lets start in the beginning, 5 years ago, I bought the store and had no realization until 3 months before the xmas season that I had very little to sell and my whole store had to be xmasized....I had never had to do this before, either other people did it at other shops or the shop I managed for the last stint was in a very Jewish area and xmas just wasn't relevant for store decorating....anyhoo..I made up with everything I had available arrangements to fill the store and bought brand new stuff for my window....I did one window bright red and lime green candy, cookie motif and the other window blue and teal wintery motif...Epic fail, looked beautiful but I was still in trendy urban land and had fallen square in the middle of traditional victorian land....I have been putting that stuff out for 4 years.....

Rewind to earlier this year, with my head on straight, I finally decided to take everything that was left from the old ower and completely take it apart and rework so that it was my style and not dollar store silks...I finally like everything and stuff is actually getting some attention, not many sales still, but at least people are looking at prices and inquiring, a definite step in the correct direction....

Now all my xmas stuff looks like crap....so I have been a very busy beaver taking apart everything and redoing it....wow what a change...I feel like I am in a real store, nothing dated, everything is fresh looking, sparkly, wintery and some traditional some modern but not too far out....I fluffed everything out, my silks in the past have been kind of squished looking, but I have been practicing and looking at other made at the market...I now cannot wait for everything to be done, the empty boxes to be gone and the floor to be swept just to see how it all looks...

I even bought a snow machine for my open house, dec 4th to make it snow outside for the kids, if it isn't snowing naturally....It was meant for inside but my ceilings are too low and not enough air circulation...outside it looks far better..

I will take pictures and post...

Good for you Lori!

I did alot in this store as well. I so do wish I had pictures of how this shop looked last year to what it looks like now. Maybe I'll take some pics too.