Yelp....Help with wedding flowers

Nov 22, 2009
West Saint Paul
any-timeflowers.com
State / Prov
Minnesota
I am doing a wedding today, for a florist in Florida. I e-mailed her pictures, I'm trying to do it the way she would because she suddenly was un-able to.

Anyway.....she loves it all, BUT.. she said she wraps ribbon around the bouts. I e-mailed back to ask her what???? I've never seen that, have not stayed in the "inner loop" on weddings, quit doing them 7 years ago except for friends and family. I have not heard from her and need to send the wedding out by 11:30 this morning.

ANYBODY??? Picture? Technique?

Linda

This is what I do. I take a small piece and wrap it upward over the bottom first (this will cover the bottom stem) then I take another piece and wrap AROUND, secure it with glue tucking in the edges. Do a couple practice ones first because if you are not used to doing it , it can look sloppy.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
If you're not used to doing it I would recommend first wrapping the stem with some double sided tape. Just plain old double sided tape, like scotch tape, but double sided. That will help the ribbon stay in place.

yes, you can glue but I usually tie off at the top. But I'm not sure I could explain it to you.

What ever you do, don't make it bulky or it will look worse than if you didn't wrap them.

Also, some people curl up their bout stems. It looks nice to leave the stems straight when wrapping them.

Also, acetate ribbon can be harder to work with and crease and just look all around bad if you haven't done this before. I like to use single face satin ribbon, but I have used double faced, just looks a little more bulky.

But I'm telling you, use the tape if you haven't done this before. It would be horrible to have the stems come unwrapped at the wedding.

You might be able to go to www.thebrideandbloom.com and see if they might have examples. They always show such wonderful bout designs.

And maybe www.oasisfloral.com as well. Maybe they might have an idea.

Reactions: anytimeflowers