Taos
State / Prov
New mexico
Answering these questions is mandatory for new applicants:
- What is your website address?
www.taosflorist.com
- How long have you been in business?
my whole life i grew up in a flower shop and now work and manage one
- Do you have any formal floral education?
no
- How were you referred to FlowerChat?
mother/boss
- What do you hope to gain from membership?
support, help, knowledge
- What do you feel you can contribute to the community?
same as above
- Do you operate from a commercial building or your residence? commercial

Reactions: 5 people
HEY!!!!

I think I sat and ate lunch with you last year in Albuquerque!! At the design show that Lynne Moss did, it was at some hotel. We ate gross dry sandwiches!!!
I was with my MOM. I was the big blond girl.
WAS THAT YOU??????????

Welcome to FlowerChat

Welcome to the board!

You'll find a wealth of information here, but here are a couple get aquainted tips.

There is also a helpful Search link at the top of every page
Search Query section
Search for Key Words;__________________________
You can us operators here such as and or +, or you can enclose the phrase in double quotations marks "search terms" to find the entire phrase.
Below that is the Advanced Search Section

Search Options section - advanced search
Select which "Forum" to search in at a time, or at all.

For example, "wire service" I would only search in the "Wire Service" section.
Many people that are new here seem to have a common theme, frustration with the wire services. Believe me, this has been discussed hundreds of times, and it's doubtful that anything new will come from further discussion of the exact same topics that has't been already beat to death, repeatedly. Do a search, you will find discussions from before - add to an older post if you feel the need rather than starting a new one.

That's the basic way, you can limit further by using some of the other "Drop-Down" menu's like if you know the thread you are looking for is only a week or so old, etc....

Now that you have a list of threads you've searched for, do not just click on the thread you want to read. Instead RIGHT click on the thread and select "Open in New Window" This will pop up a new window with that thread in it, leaving your searched list intact for you to go back to.

The purpose of the "Search" is to offer a member the opportunity to research his/her question better. There is so much information from past threads that you may never see because that member is no longer here, or doesn't see your new post, or just won't respond to the same question. So use it to your advantage and enjoy the board! View this funny and informative film about posting and searching?BR>http://uploads.ungrounded.net/188000/188612_Posting.swf

Take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with the forum. At the top of every board there are threads that are tagged as "Sticky" These threads are "Sticky" because they contain very important/valuable information about the forum and everyone should read them.

Following these simple tips will help keep the board pertinent, and eliminate the large numbers of S-O-S posts that we get here on a daily basis, thereby making this board the valuable useful tool it can be.

But we don't want the valuable, golden money making info threads to be lost in the sea of chaff.....

and please don't just be a lurker but an active contributor!

Status
Not open for further replies.