Mercury Direct 5.02

Mikey the Flower Guy

It's a GREAT DAY to live, and love!
Nov 10, 2002
Dundas, Ontario, Canada
www.hamiltonflorists.com
State / Prov
Ontario
If you are an FTD Member,and use Mercury Direct, you may have already been advised to upgrade your Merc Direct Version, to the newest one coming out in May, or online, from FTD's website.
IF you are considering it...DON'T..it's full of bugs, holes, and poor planning...the concept is good, the execution sucks.....

More, this is NOT a user friendly upgrade, it slows down the entire "process" of entering orders, my last upgrade was a disaster in the making, the "upgrade" locked out access to both network cards (I run tandem cards on each machine) AND is lacking many functionalities.
I had a GREAT conversation with 2nd level tech support at FTD, and she did the entire re-install from a shared Mikogo access, and in 2 days I WILL decide whether to "downgrade" the re-install or not.
Shop lookups are very slow, chosen shop insertions are very slow, though I DO like the area "mapping" that is included with this upgrade.
Another feature, is "live" updates of member shops, and those that are recent "signups" or deletions, done every 24 hours.
Reciprocity updates continue to be a major problem, and actually "hang" the MD dialer, requiring continuous restarts, or reboots!

If you are an FTD Member,and use Mercury Direct, you may have already been advised to upgrade your Merc Direct Version, to the newest one coming out in May, or online, from FTD's website.
IF you are considering it...DON'T..it's full of bugs, holes, and poor planning...the concept is good, the execution sucks.....

Yes it sucks big time!!.................don't install it.

so, now, I have found the newest update and application, as an "advancement" over earlier versions, BUT, after experiencing upgrade issues, found it far more beneficial to do a "clean install" of this new version of Merc Direct!!...I recommended that you DO NOT use the "upgrade" version, but, AFTER Mother's Day is over, wait until all your asks/answers/confirmations are done, and out of the way, because, BASICALLY, a clean install wipes out your current data,and starts over again.
The clean version works very well, and I found, that it's built in mapping features, and up to date listings features, are very helpful...in determining the logistics of the shop that you "may choose" to send your orders to...it also enables, online "comments" about good, AND bad shops, ones that you WANT to do business with, and the ones that you wish to exclude.
Maybe, give it another week, let FTD Merc Direct support log into your pc with Mikago, and they can,AND WILL do the install for you,if you are so inclined......and they actually seem to care!!

Reactions: bootcampguy