now that I have priced my loaded designs

lori042499

May 3, 2006
Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
www.affairstorememberflorist.com
State / Prov
MA
What do I do next??

I need some tips on how some of you took such ahuge job and broke it down into manageable parts...I seem to get sidetracked, baffled and run on tangents working on my website and am wasting lots of valuable time and feeling like I am accomplishing nothing...

Lori,

I'll ask Teresa to touch base with you and see if you've covered all the basics.

Reactions: lori042499
With my website I firstly decided on catagories for my designs and on the main page of each catagories types some info regarding ordering etc. Gave each design a name, several price points and a description of the design to make it more appealing including if a design is compact etc. Allocated the designs to the different catagories. And there you have a catagory done. I did most of my work for the website on a night. I loaded the pictures into the website during the day and played around in the evening with each area of the site until I was happy. I do most of the larger changes still on an evening and small changes during the day. Right a list of each job you need to do and tick it off when it's complete. It is a huge job but you will get there.

Reactions: lori042499
I found (and am still finding) that I need to weed....
And, most important, not to double categorize some designs.
I find now that some that are categorized as Spring, Summer, Fall are showing up in weird searches. Some Birthday, Anniversary, Home Sympathy etc show up in random searches... some time I need to go in and uncheck a bunch of criteria so that the funeral pieces don't show up on birthday (doh)...
I am slowly "weeding"....

Reactions: Johan
I am talking like funeral homes and hospitals and zipcdes and stuff like that just to get my site up and running.It can be run now the way it is but I don't have the foggiest as to what the other stuff is I have to do..I will have to set some time aside to talk with strider...not to day I am bouncing off the walls and in 100 different directions....uuughh!