saving favourite threads

lil_goldie

Apr 15, 2009
Chatham, Ontario, Canada
www.pizazzfloralsandballoons.com
State / Prov
Ontario
Hi Ryan,
I would love to see an option on my profile where I can save threads or posts that I find valuable. Maybe a button on a post like the thanks button or reputation button.
As I move closer to buying the shop in another 4 years, I would love to be able to save posts of ideas that I like. Often, I forget the name of the thread and can't find a post I liked.
Thanks for considering this

A great idea.

I actually cut and paste keep them in a file as an alternative.

V

Reactions: mumsandmore
Two ideas:

1) You can bookmark them - in your browser, or any other bookmarking tool like StumbleUpon, Delicious, etc.
2) (This one will really help you with projects) Get an Evernote account. It's ridiculously cheap, and ridiculously helpful in aggregating information across multiple platforms. Your notes are synch'd across browser access, desktop computers and mobile phones. You can have lots of Notebooks to store notes, and those notes can include text, images (with text recognition), PDFs, etc. See something cool while you're out? Snap a pic with your phone and it's already synch'd to your PC, and everywhere else. Cool post online? Clip the web page into a note. It's SOOOO good :) Our office is now virtually paperless, and I have a growing Notebook of reference material for seminars and speaking gigs.

Thanks Ryan,
I didn't know what stumbleupon and delicious were.
I've heard them referenced on the internet, but had no idea what they were.
Thanks

There are lots of bookmarking services that are designed to help you take your bookmarks beyond just the browser.

Beyond that, services like Evernote let you clip the contents of the page into a notebook, which makes assembling info just simply awesome :)

Thanks Ryan,
I didn't know what stumbleupon and delicious were.
I've heard them referenced on the internet, but had no idea what they were.
Thanks

I had to quit stumbleupon. It's so addicting to me. I could stumble my life away.
Now I'm suddenly tempted to hit the Stumble Button. Maybe just for a few minutes....

I had to quit stumbleupon. It's so addicting to me. I could stumble my life away.
Now I'm suddenly tempted to hit the Stumble Button. Maybe just for a few minutes....
lol:rofl::):)

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Ryan, you a so smart and gifted in the technology world!! I never heard of such websites and can see where they can be infinitely valuable (no pun intended). :)

Oh my god, what have you all done to me....I stumbled for almost an hour today without realizing it!!!!
Just add that to my facebook/flowerchat/usmagazine obsession
I should be in bed right now...ugh

Reactions: anytimeflowers
Oh my god, what have you all done to me....I stumbled for almost an hour today without realizing it!!!!

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:faint:

I know, I know...
and it gets worse. The more they get to know you the more they know what you'll like.

Every time I try to stop after I get started I get sucked in thinking "just hit the button one more time"... then another "one more time" turns into a day.

It's like a slot machine. You never know what you'll get.