Not open for further replies.

CHR

Design matters
Nov 28, 2002
Anaheim
www.avantegardens.com
State / Prov
CA
Admin contact is Sunflower Productions in Los Angeles!!
Ryan, this sounds like Scott! Funny, I was in this Mall and was very NOT impressed but I don't recall a flower shop.

Speaking of our beloved Scott - it seems he has a new address
1613 St. Clair Ave. West
Toronto, Ontario
M6E 1C9

www.flowerscanada.com (NOT the real Flowers Canada group which is www.flowerscanada.ca )

That review is too too funny. They obviously haven't seen it yet, so I cut and paste it here, since you KNOW they will delete it as soon as they see it. note to self: Don't use automatic review forms.

TERRIBLE!!
I ordered a dozen flowers for my girlfriend last Friday. She had to stay at work later than everyone else to get the flowers. They were missing the ballons and greeting card I paid for.
THEN, I called today to TIM at 416-532-8640 who was the rudest person I have dealt with. He hung up on me after saying "...get lost pal", I asked if he thinks I would ever do business with him again, he is quoted "I would care less... you would be nothing but a pain!" Then with a threatening tone asked me "...you want to come in here...?"

I am taking this to the Better Business Bureau, IF I am not issued a FULL credit for my order.

7 of 7

Was this review helpful? Yes | No

This isn't Scott - he doesn't use Sunflower. I believe Sunflower Productions is affiliated with ETFA. BTW, the site looks like it was designed by a 5-yr old. Terrible!

I'm not familiar with the Yonge St location, but the only flower shop in Dixie Outlet Mall is Queen Elizabeth Flowers (www.24hourflowerpower.com). They are a small-to-mid-sized skimming outfit mostly known for their terrible customer service and for preying on florists by sneding direct and promising to mail a cheque within 30 days. Few shops ever got their money. It seems their website isn't working right now.

I believe Victoria had dealings with them a few years ago?

Infinite said:
This isn't Scott - he doesn't use Sunflower. I believe Sunflower Productions is affiliated with ETFA. BTW, the site looks like it was designed by a 5-yr old. Terrible!

Sunflower Productions is affiliated also with Floral Source. They are marketing about 1900 websites for Floral Source and about 300 for ETFA...Alex said they will be adding another 2,000 websites before Mother's Day from another "WS"... and they are paying Locateaflowershop a commission on hits and orders, plus receiving additional listings in all unsold cities...opps, that's commission on production not membership fees like the other florist pay...(I think that's called order gathering)

They have been trying to buy hits (orders) from IlocalFlorist.com...In fact, I just got talked to Alex this week

Then, Alex is also collecting a marketing commission based on production...everybody wants a piece of the pie...

mlou said:
Sunflower Productions is affiliated also with Floral Source. They are marketing about 1900 websites for Floral Source and about 300 for ETFA...Alex said they will be adding another 2,000 websites before Mother's Day from another "WS"... and they are paying Locateaflowershop a commission on hits and orders, plus receiving additional listings in all unsold cities...opps, that's commission on production not membership fees like the other florist pay...(I think that's called order gathering)

They have been trying to buy hits (orders) from IlocalFlorist.com...In fact, I just got talked to Alex this week

Then, Alex is also collecting a marketing commission based on production...everybody wants a piece of the pie...

In talking to Mr. Locateaflowershop in August (forgot got his name), he stated that he was coming out with his own floral website program in October (2004) once several florist finish Beta it out. If so, just wonder what it will do to this "deal".

clay said:
In talking to Mr. Locateaflowershop in August (forgot got his name), he stated that he was coming out with his own floral website program in October (2004) once several florist finish Beta it out. If so, just wonder what it will do to this "deal".

Clay,
I think you have confused Locateaflowershop with Art's localflowershop...
Art has brought his out of beta...

clay said:
Nope. I know Art....have talked to him many times. I will find my notes in my folder on who I talked to and what was exactly said.

Maybe, just maybe, they realize the 5% commission Alex pays them could be many times higher if they collect their own orders...

locateaflowerhop.com website

clay said:
I found my notes...had talked to Gary in August and he was going to have 3-4 shops Beta it out in Sept/Oct and that in September he would be getting his server together. I think Mary Lou had it right in her response.

Mlou ... anwser this .. about order gathering ... tell me if this is.

mlou said:
and they are paying Locateaflowershop a commission on hits and orders, plus receiving additional listings in all unsold cities...opps, that's commission on production not membership fees like the other florist pay...(I think that's called order gathering)

Search ilocalflorist.com and search baton rouge ... result

Your Search Results
Here is a list of Florists for delivery
Order directly from their website!

Here is a list of Local Florists with delivery in the 70806 zip code.

Order directly from their website!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MC Florist

, Louisiana
800-359-0080
Phone:

www.mcflorist.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been around for 128 years, never heard of MC florist Louisiana ...
I consider this order gathering, like Art is trying to do. Honestly this is why I never signed up for your site.

Make me a believer.

HERO

p.s. Thanks in advance

HERO said:
Mlou ... anwser this .. about order gathering ... tell me if this is.

David,
We have had this conversation before...
But here goes again...

MCFlorist is one of about 10 default florists that ILocalFlorist.com uses when there isn't a paid local florist for that zip codes...
Yes, they are the main default florist...

In the 3 1/2 year history of ILocalFlorist, we have used several methods...This default method seems to work best...We started with a florists directory for Houston, then added Texas the summer of 2001...Finally adding the USA in the summer of 2002...(Yes, Ryan, we are still working on Canada) When we first started the USA Directory, we listed every local florists we could find, including yours...As we were selling a paid listing, we were removing any unpaid listings in the area...We received so many complaints from paid florists about the unpaid listings...so in the winter of 2003, we removed all unpaid listings...

At that time, MCFlorist became our default florist...this doesn't make them an "order gather" because they don't take the order...You have tested it yourself, you know they give out phone numbers for local florists in the zip code needed...No, they still don't give out your number because they use the dove system to retrieve phone numbers...I would estimate they give out several hundred numbers per day at my expense...

This is an easy problem to solve...I personally offered you a listing for all your zip codes before and gladly offer it again...A paid listing makes the default florists be removed...

David, the Internet is dramatically changing society and the manner in which florist businesses and individuals communicate. Search engines, computer networking, the Web, e-mail, and blogs will be transforming the floral business as we know it. Search engines have become an integral part of our daily life...Their influence on marketing and technology effect every florists, whether the florists wish to participate or not....

Infinite said:
Yes, the skimmers and OGs are nasty, lying, deceptive baby-eaters, but the fact remains their basic lie is always this: "Order from us, your local florist." They can do this because the local florist is nowhere to be found.
Lack of investment in quality marketing is definitely a problem for many florists. The days of buying just YP and WS directory ads are long, long gone.

I promote listing your floral shop anywhere and everywhere you can,
including other floral directories besides mine...Local florists need to take an aggrestive approach to marketing...

David, if your really want to promote your floral shop, why haven't your listed your shop in the FlowerChat Blog Directory..Ryan lets you list your shop there "FREE"

mlou said:

Can you explain how this is not just another form of Order Gathering or am I missing something here.

Here is my solution ...

Mlou "David,
We have had this conversation before..."

If we did, I don't remember it ... must be my old age

M lou "MCFlorist is one of about 10 default florists that ILocalFlorist.com uses when there isn't a paid local florist for that zip codes...
Yes, they are the main default florist...

...this doesn't make them an "order gather" because they don't take the order...

You have tested it yourself, you know they give out phone numbers for local florists in the zip code needed..."

If I did test it, that was LONG ago, but with your timeframe couldn't be possible. Must be thinking of someone else.

Mlou "No, they still don't give out your number because they use the dove system to retrieve phone numbers...I would estimate they give out several hundred numbers per day at my expense..."

I'm guessing by the wording, which is what I have the problem with. Once it was Houston, TX. but was changed to Louisiana. See my problem. What happens when said customer calls them and says I would like to place an order. ( No I won't test it, I want you to tell me ) I assume they just take the order not knowing where the order came from.

Mlou "This is an easy problem to solve...I personally offered you a listing for all your zip codes before and gladly offer it again...A paid listing makes the default florists be removed..."

What exactly is the offer, Me pay you for a listing ... umm some offer, now if you are offering a FREE listing for me to try, sure can't pass that up. However honestly in my searches Ilocalflorist doesn't come up in any searches under "baton rouge florist" or " baton rouge flowers " but if I join and that changes I can see value.

Mlou " David, the Internet is dramatically changing society and the manner in which florist businesses and individuals communicate. Search engines, computer networking, the Web, e-mail, and blogs will be transforming the floral business as we know it. Search engines have become an integral part of our daily life...Their influence on marketing and technology effect every florists, whether the florists wish to participate or not...."

Just because I don't pay for Ilocal, I'm don't market my shop?!?!? I invest in those that have high returns and marketing strategies that match my own philosophy. Why can locateaflowershop.com do it but no one else can?

Put your unpaid listings back in the cities with NO paid members and you won't have the OG element to your site. If you tell me that every call that they get from the "default" listing gets a local florists #, then they are the DUMBEST florist in America.
Search "baton rouge florist" or "baton rouge flowers" I challenge you to not find Heroman's florist at the top of most if not all. I have forgotten more about Internet Marketing that most know.

Mlou "I promote listing your floral shop anywhere and everywhere you can,
including other floral directories besides mine...Local florists need to take an aggrestive approach to marketing..."

Totally agree.

Mlou " David, if your really want to promote your floral shop, why haven't your listed your shop in the FlowerChat Blog Directory..Ryan lets you list your shop there "FREE" "

Didn't know it existed. I'll check it out when I get a chance.

HERO

p.s. Thanks in advance

Reactions: 1 person
For the record...

I have tested it, and did so before I paid the low low low price to add my site...

Each of the three tests resulted in being given the number of a local florist.

Back to my question

If Sunflower is offering a "free" web site, sending a florist the order, taking a 20% commish to FSI and paying a 7% fee to Sunflower........hmm....well then should these web sites be listed on floristdetective as Order gather's. Sounds like the same business model as a Wire service.......if I am not getting 100% from my "free" web site then how is this any different.
David, as far as Ilocal.........weren't you listed with them several years ago...seems like I saw your store listed when I first joined. And since I pay, why would you get it for free? I know you are special but hey for free...give it up boy...you ain't THAT special! lol Seems like you have asked these same questions before....what is your real beef......she isn't gAthering orders, she doesn't take a commision and you do get get business from it...........a whole lot better than what else is going on out there.
So folks back to my question.............What about the sunflower, efta, FSI combination ...are they now the new OG on the block?

Status
Not open for further replies.