Article 1-800-FLOWERS deliveryman

Sometimes I feel bad for these 1800 flower franchisees. Many B&M florists in our area despise them for no reason other than they are 1-800-flowers.

I've met one franchisee. A very nice lady, she is an experienced florist. She does good work as far as I can tell.

Yes she is our biggest competitor, but I don't consider her an "enemy" though, for the same reason I don't consider our local florist competitors "enemies." We just compete, that's all. We even filled a couple of their orders, even though we are not a Bloomnet member.

wouldn't it be "nice" if EVERYONE was a "competitor" and NOT some wild monster sucking away your hard earned orders??
Wouldn't it be FABULOUS, if your "competitor" FORCED you to be better than them, instead of being better than yourself??
Wouldn't it be awesome if ALL those that sold flowers, present themselves in a "united" front??.....<mikey's dreaming again>
See what you done NavyBrat??

wouldn't it be "nice" if EVERYONE was a "competitor" and NOT some wild monster sucking away your hard earned orders??
Wouldn't it be FABULOUS, if your "competitor" FORCED you to be better than them, instead of being better than yourself??
Wouldn't it be awesome if ALL those that sold flowers, present themselves in a "united" front??.....<mikey's dreaming again>

Mikey, you are getting too philosophical. :)

Now get back to the real world... Of course I would be popping a champagne bottle if our competitors, preferably all of them, just pack and leave my "territory." There are probably ~100 of them in our delivery area, including several FC members.

I suspect they are thinking the same. ;)

Each one of our competitors has perfect right to "steal" our customers, just as we do their customers. They can use whatever means to beat us, as long as it's not illegal. If they win, so be it. 1-800-flowers is no exception. I mean, that's the reality of business. To me, any bashing sounds like soar grape.

Doug, to be fair are you saying MakeScents is a REAL Bi***?

I'm confused.

Mikey, you are getting too philosophical. :)

Now get back to the real world... Of course I would be popping a champagne bottle if our competitors, preferably all of them, just pack and leave my "territory." There are probably ~100 of them in our delivery area, including several FC members.

I suspect they are thinking the same. ;)

Each one of our competitors has perfect right to "steal" our customers, just as we do their customers. They can use whatever means to beat us, as long as it's not illegal. If they win, so be it. 1-800-flowers is no exception. I mean, that's the reality of business. To me, any bashing sounds like soar grape.
do your best be the best don`t worry about everyone else

what a REAL b****

I have been called way worse!! What crawled up your a$$?
Seriously You need to get MANY - MANY red dots for this one! That is just uncalled for and not nice!

So - for all of you who always say.. don't make it personal - well - This guy takes the cake!!

By the way there doug.. did ya notice - I have just a bit more rep than you....

Reactions: 1 person