Article 1-800-FLOWERS deliveryman

CarverFlowers

Oct 23, 2009
Carver
www.carverflowers.com
State / Prov
MN
Saw this sentence in an SAF article on 1-800-Flowers' Christmas campaign:

"The ad, which began Dec. 7, shows a traditional 1-800-Flowers.com customer – a 35- to 54-year old —walking home after a stressful day at her retail job. Her stress evaporates when she sees a 1-800-Flowers deliveryman on her doorstep with a holiday centerpiece from her mom."

A 1-800-FLOWERS deliveryman????????!!

Yea - I saw him the other day.. He was hangin' out with the Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny and Puff... (the magic dragon!)

Well they do have some company owned stores although I am not sure how many.

Don't get me to lying... but I think most, if not all of those have closed.. I know the one in Arlington TX did...

We have a few for real 800-flowers delivery tricks and delivery men....

It is a pretty good ad for their brand...we should all be thinking of doing this kind of stuff...This is the very reason I put lettering on my truck, because 800-flowers is the only one in Melrose that has lettering even...I figured it couldn't hurt just help...That stupid lettering has alone garnered 4 accounts and prompted 100 business cards to be given out....not to shabby...

SAF I believe has to comment on the name of the company when commenting on the ad, they would have said Affairs to Remember delievry man, had I taken out a national ad with my truck in it...

Actually, Chez, SAF is a great organizaiton. (I couldn't tell if your reply was sarcastic or not.) :)

The Teleflora delivery man is the one that gets me. The new commercial they have with the dog has a Teleflora van with a Teleflora delivey guy making the delivery. Supposedly they have made this ad available for everyone to use which is smart for them because now they have shops advertising their name for them.

Reactions: CHR
In the 3 years I've been asking what the benefits of SAF are, I have never received a response. So Yep, I was being sarcastic. Sorry if I've offended anyone but I don't think they do anything to address the deception in this industry.

Well just last week, driving in to work, my husband and I saw a purplish color tiny van with 1800flowers written on it. First time I had seen it and could not figure out where it came from. Haven't seen it since.

There are still quite a few in the NY area. Don't know if I love the purple vans though.
By the way, lettering your van is probably the best way of advertising locally (IMHO)

Yup. They are a Long Island company after all. There are three 1800 stores (all franchisees) in our delivery area. I see their trucks at least twice a day when I'm delivering.

Yup. They are a Long Island company after all. There are three 1800 stores (all franchisees) in our delivery area. I see their trucks at least twice a day when I'm delivering.
I think the Boston LFC has 10 vehicles or so...and a few retail locations owned by the same dude... I'll have to call Tim and see where he's at... I'll get back to ya after the holiday...

When do ya think the gold wing footed guy will be joining the del. ranks again?
I doubt that will happen, they don't have the cash to pull it off.

Sometimes I feel bad for these 1800 flower franchisees. Many B&M florists in our area despise them for no reason other than they are 1-800-flowers.

I've met one franchisee. A very nice lady, she is an experienced florist. She does good work as far as I can tell.

Yes she is our biggest competitor, but I don't consider her an "enemy" though, for the same reason I don't consider our local florist competitors "enemies." We just compete, that's all. We even filled a couple of their orders, even though we are not a Bloomnet member.