Afghans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afghan Expressions

Hill's Wholesale here in the US has these Afghans and a color cataloge. I'm not sure if they ship these out to Canada but you can give them a call at 800-565-6173 to find out.
Ask them for the Afghan Expressions cataloge.

The typical 48"x68" size are listed for $18.95 US funds, 50"x60" size are listed for $29.30 US funds.

These are starting to show up at funerals and are draped over a wooden easel.

Do you use any flowers with them?

We do these a lot and customers and recipients really like them. Ours are made in the US in North Carolina. We have a local rep who calls on us. They ship pretty fast. Go on my website and check them out, but we recommend using a wire easel rather than a wooden one. The wooden ones aren't as stable on the carpeting at the funeral home. Visit www.theflowersmith.com and email me with any questions. They are a good money maker and build good will too!

DO oyu always do with flowers or leave sometime the afghan by itself? It look lke a good thing...I alwasy like new ideas to bring the shop in front of the competition?
Luc

You do Both Luc!

These can be displayed by themselves or with a Spray Cage arrangment at the top of the Easel. I have a picture of this concept in the cataloge and give me a day and I'll try to scan the picture and post it here...only thing is I haven't used the scanner in years!.

What a great idea!! I love it. Know no one around here is using them. I think I just might try it out. I like DIFFERENT. Thanks for the idea. And the photos.

You can display the afghan by itself. Sometimes we put a little silk ivy and chiffon ribbon at the top (and charge for it).

We use a slanted bouquet holder for our fresh flowers. Here's a great tip for all: Use a rubber band to gather the top of the afghan, then just insert your bouquet holder and chenille to hold just the way you want it. Also, I recommend cutting somewhat of a triangular piece of cardboard, (the point at the top can be blunt or straight across) and inserting it inside the top of the afghan to keep the face more prominent. Be careful in your choices. We find the angels and Jesus ones work best. Try to choose ones where the faces are somewhat in the center.

Our funeral directors now save the easels w/cardboard on for us, which is great. We still charge for the easel and set up, though since some don't save it and those 5' easels aren't cheap.

By the way, don't be afraid to charge for these...they're new and hot items right now. Here's a link where we get ours. The prices shown are retail.

http://afghans-throws-blankets.com/products.aspx?cat=Inspirational Afghans

Another Pic

Yes the first Pic I provided is a Wall hanging this Pic is an Afghan on a easel.
Sorry this pic is a little fuzzy.

Retail price please

So what is the price range you charge for these afghans with flower arrangement attached and how to you market them?

TIA

Patty don't be afraid to charge $250 plus for the First Pic example I showed of the Wall Hanging on an easel with flowers.

The wall hanging with an easel cost to us is about 40-45 bucks and the Spray can be adjusted to what they want to spent so as a starter without flowers you can say your price could be about $100 dollars or so just for the item without flowers.

Hope this helps..

Status
Not open for further replies.