Ah....Inspiration at last!

Nov 22, 2009
West Saint Paul
any-timeflowers.com
State / Prov
Minnesota
This whole summer I've been basically plunking flowers into vases, very rarely even making the slightest effort to create anything. Plunka, plunka. poo. I haven't even cracked open any of the Florist's Review issues since possibly April.

I've spent the entire day today being completely inspired at my main wholesaler. They had Loanne Burke and Larry Kleinlein presenting, it was huge and glorious! My poor little head is spinning but the very best part is that everything was done in permanents and then photos were taken of each design before the show~ all of which were conveniently put on a disc for us to take with us! How cool is that? So now I have a great record of all the designs without my awkward little snapshots I used to try to get. I can go back and look and be re-inspired.

Oh...and next week-end? Hitomi!!!

I am pumped and ready to go for it during the next three months. Has anybody seen the new really wide flat wire? OMG ~ very fun!

Both wholesalers had their show yesterday, but it is always on the day of the Breast Cancer Walk. It's always a tough call which one to go to, but Mom's a survivor. I gotta show support.

I need a design show or something to get myself inspired. i think when you work alone alot it's even more important to attend shows because you don't have someone else to bounce ideas off of or even to compete with a bit. When I have a full crew on we always like to fill the cooler and see who's designs sell first. It makes you more creative...although often it's the boring arrangement that will sell first!

Got a show to go to tomorrow/Wednesday.It always put a little revvv back into your butt. Helps keep the juices flowing in the creative department.

Reactions: anytimeflowers