another introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

kynda

Nov 18, 2006
Springfield
State / Prov
IL
I have been following Flower Chat since last November, but have never posted. I have been making floral designs for my friends and co-workers for so long that I can't remember when it started. Over the last couple of years, this has led to paid work. I have a cooler in my home , a tax number, and I pay sales taxes.

I’m proud to say that I am now working towards a floral design certificate at a local community college. Our instructor is an AIFD and I’m so happy to have found her.

I hope you’ll allow me to stay on with Flower Chat. Thanks,
Kynda
Springfield, IL

Reactions: 2 people
Hi Kynda, pleased to meet you. Like you, I started off without college training. I am glad that I eventually went to college and took my City and Guild exams. Now I am a member of the society of florists. It's opened up my world. I hope it does the same for you.

I have been following Flower Chat since last November, but have never posted. I have been making floral designs for my friends and co-workers for so long that I can't remember when it started. Over the last couple of years, this has led to paid work. I have a cooler in my home , a tax number, and I pay sales taxes.

I’m proud to say that I am now working towards a floral design certificate at a local community college. Our instructor is an AIFD and I’m so happy to have found her.

I hope you’ll allow me to stay on with Flower Chat. Thanks,
Kynda
Springfield, IL

Welcome to flower chat, how did you find flower chat?? Do you put in full time hours as a florist or just when freinds and family need you on occasion??

I found FlowerChat either through an internet search or through JTV. I can't really remember. No, my flower business isn't full time yet. It's been growing steadily though.

I've learned so much from following the discussions on FC. Having a better understanding of some of the issues has influenced the way I work with flowers. For example, I remember seeing a post where someone said, "I don't want to be known as the cheap flower person." That really hit home to me--I don't either.

My goal now is to complete the requirements for this floral design certificate, keep designing, and keep learning.

Thanks so much for your responses. I know this new system is taking up some time! Kynda

I found FlowerChat either through an internet search or through JTV. I can't really remember. No, my flower business isn't full time yet. It's been growing steadily though.

I've learned so much from following the discussions on FC. Having a better understanding of some of the issues has influenced the way I work with flowers. For example, I remember seeing a post where someone said, "I don't want to be known as the cheap flower person." That really hit home to me--I don't either.

My goal now is to complete the requirements for this floral design certificate, keep designing, and keep learning.

Thanks so much for your responses. I know this new system is taking up some time! Kynda

What kind of floral design certificate?

ICPF?

Joe

The basic certificate in floral design requires 18 credit hours. It's my understanding that students who complete the program will be prepared to take the ICPF exam. Thanks, Kynda

Status
Not open for further replies.