Back of casket spray with no flowers

Spookyflowers

Jun 13, 2007
Missouri Valley
State / Prov
IA
I went to a double visiation last night and they had husband and wife each with a casket spray. Hers was pink roses and his blue white carnations with and ear of corn sticking up in the middle of it. Had to wait in the line for the family and was checking out the sprays and neither one of them had flowers in the back of the spray. They did have greens but that was it. I was taught to at least put a few flowers back there is the new trend not to put flowers since they think no one sees the back ? I could tell two differnt shops did them as the script on the tow did not match one had the old style glue on staple on and the other the stick on kind.
I'm sure the general public didn't care one way or the other but it threw me as no flowers on the back.

I was taught to always finish the back. that means flowers back there to. Keeping in mind when they go to the graveside the family stands all the way around the casket not just on one side.

double visitation?? so they died the same time but used 2 different flower shops?

They died in a car wreck. The town just recently lost its long time flower shop and it left two other shops that I'm sure could not handle the both of the caskets sprays. I'm thinking the funeral home may have done this and ordered from both of the shops as they had used the shop that closed for most of the funerals. But you could really tell they came from two different shops.
Glad I'm not the only one who was taught to finish the back. Wondering if some shops have went this route to save money.

Finish the back!! Look at the recipes in most of the Wire service books and see that they do not allow for product on the back side of the casket cover, but people do stand on the back side of the casket at the grave site!

Over the years, I have played the piano or organ at hundreds of funerals and at every single one, at some point the back of the spray was shown....usually when it was being taken out of the funeral home through the crowd to the cemetery. Yes, people do notice.

Reactions: dlnfloral
Always gotta finish off the back.Sometimes on a casket spray flowers in the back help balance the whole piece.Just looks a hell of alot better

Finish the back!! Many of our funerals are in churches, at least the final visitation and service, if the back's blank then the folks on one side of the isle always see it....

Plus, it takes more flowers, thus costs more...

Reactions: anytimeflowers