Blog Roll Clean-up

Linda do you have Word Press or Moveable Type?

Word Press.....I thought everybody with Florist2.0 had that, I don't know what movable type is, sorry. I have a stupid question, though. I just started my blog in Feb., and the only comments I have are all in Spam. Does anybody know if everything goes to spam first and then you choose the ones that will show? Most of them are obviously spam, but a couple of them mention the content of the blog. What should I do?

Thanks!
Linda

Linda, you have to click on the "spam" button on the comment section of your dashboard. Then delete them.

I had 12 new ones this morning. ( a new all-time one day high) They usually either read like goobedly-gook or have strange looking files attached. Sometimes they will say nice things about your blog, but they are still spam.

I don't know how the system identifies them as spam, but it does a very good job of identifying and correctly puttiing them in the spam folder. This allows you to review them before deleting them.

Yes, comments seem to be hard to come by. After more than a year, I have three legitimate comments. Two from members here.

Maybe in addition to linking our blogs, We should all exchange one nice comment to the others that are taking the time and effort to help each other with these links.

Another thing that those of us w/ Strider sites have to check for is SPAM that might be sittiing in your back office. In the "information pages" category, click on comments for both information pages and item reviews. The same situation may exist here as in the blog. We receive Spam and actual comments. So, clean out the SPAM and make the good comments visible.

Also, checking these comments is important because We have had people asking about wedding prices in these comment sections. So, one never knows what they might find there. I check these categories every day.

Reactions: anytimeflowers
I just wanted to re-emphasize the benefit of the link exchange. Our blog just went from a Google page rank of one to a page rank of two.

I encourage everyone here to submit their blog links here.

Its all GOOD!!!!

(added 1 hour later - more GOOD NEWS!!!!) - Our website has gone from a Google Page Rank of 2 to 3 !!!!!!

Reactions: Toddxxx