Not open for further replies.

BOSS

FlowerChat Administrator
Oct 31, 2002
Midland
www.smithsflowers.com
State / Prov
MI
This probably should be in the Official Flowerchat Order gatherer thread, but I wanted to be sure everyone that cares saw this post... I could have put it into the Commentary thread as well... but...ya'll know me, so this may seem as a rant, but it's not... well maybe....

I noticed in the new AT&T Yellow Pages that came out today a new entrant in the YP Order Gathering Game...for the purpose of this post, I will not be using full URLs and you will need to add a www. to the ones listed, should you choose to peruse the offerings...

The new entrant has a nice looking ad, looks very local although they do not list an address, they even offer *Rush Delivery*...they list Midland, and all the little surrounding burgs...list *family owned and operated* and even list hours of 7am-11pm.... the URL is (www.) laurensflowers.com which flips over to... you guessed it (www.) Bloomstoday.com. This ad is right below the Bloomstoday ad, making the two a full page...(my 1/2 page is still ahead of them ;) ).

The Bloomstoday ad lists a URL of (www.) blooms2day.com a change for them, but it flips as well to (www.) bloomstoday.com/blooms2day/

Both sites are the same....

So if you do not accept for Bloomstoday..which I don't...keep an eye out for Laurensflowers.com as well....

As a side note, well two actually....the FTD.com ad now says **Official FTD** at the top, siting 90 Years of Experience...and they seem to feel they need to explain what Bereavement means...Hmmm...

The FTD ad DOES list Downers Grove IL.

And for some reason all three felt the need to add this line "Friendly, No Preasure sales agents"... WTF??

Side note (1) we have no listings for "Midland Florist" or anything similar... not a one :)

Side note (2) next renewal...my $300.00/mo 1/2 page is history!!!

Let the games begin..again!

I bet if you call directory assistance you will find Midland Florist - the scam doesn't really work in the white pages but somehow they find a way to get into 411.

I appreciate the update on the blooms today added names. I do not fill for those people and thought I got the message through months ago, but this week alone I have rejected 5 of their orders. They also have an 800-flowers website and are sending their orders through blooomnet to my shop...What a battle.....it sux outloud...

Status
Not open for further replies.