Status
Not open for further replies.

BBJ (Big Bad John)

Flower Dude
Oct 31, 2002
Chesterville
State / Prov
ON
Peter, How many members do you have in Canada and the U.S.A., I visited your site and went to the "current members" page and it appeared blank on my screen, maybe it's the browsers I was using ("I.E. 6" and "Netscape 4.79")

I'm also wondering when you're going to post your exchange rates??

Originally posted by Peter1
When I get a minute later tonight or tomorrow I'll post some examples of our rates.
:confused:

Originally posted by BBJ (Big Bad John)
Peter, How many members do you have in Canada and the U.S.A., I visited your site and went to the "current members" page and it appeared blank on my screen, maybe it's the browsers I was using ("I.E. 6" and "Netscape 4.79")

I'm also wondering when you're going to post your exchange rates??

:confused:

To answer your questions briefly, we are in the process of expanding memberships, and are waiting for aprox. 500 shops to return their applications in North America. In terms of processed members that's a internal number not released, any members in North America send their orders to our office, and we then send them to the receiving Florist at this time. The web site will be changed in the new year, as the person who used to do it, I have not been happy with their lack of talent, and their work updating skills, and they have been dismissed from the job, it doesn't visually appeal to me.

Second question to put it nicely to you, after giving it some thought in the last day, why do you care what the exchange rate is? Its' not like your a member, that would be like me worrying about FTD's exchange rate which I don't worry about.

Thank you

IMHO

In my opinion, maybe you should hire a PR person, too, because if you continue to represent the service in this manner, with such an attitude, and with such a lack of professionalism, I don't know anyone who would want to join. I know we wouldn't put any part of our business in the hands of what appears from your above comments to be an upstart service that is never going to go anywhere.

Hoping to keep business positive.

Re: IMHO

Originally posted by URememberd
In my opinion, maybe you should hire a PR person, too, because if you continue to represent the service in this manner, with such an attitude, and with such a lack of professionalism, I don't know anyone who would want to join. I know we wouldn't put any part of our business in the hands of what appears from your above comments to be an upstart service that is never going to go anywhere.
Hoping to keep business positive.

To remain postive, I won't even bother answering your comment.

Re: Re: Blossoms Network Question..........

Originally posted by Peter1
To answer your questions briefly, we are in the process of expanding memberships, and are waiting for aprox. 500 shops to return their applications in North America. In terms of processed members that's a internal number not released, any members in North America send their orders to our office, and we then send them to the receiving Florist at this time. The web site will be changed in the new year, as the person who used to do it, I have not been happy with their lack of talent, and their work updating skills, and they have been dismissed from the job, it doesn't visually appeal to me.

Second question to put it nicely to you, after giving it some thought in the last day, why do you care what the exchange rate is? Its' not like your a member, that would be like me worrying about FTD's exchange rate which I don't worry about.

Thank you

Peter, As per your quote above "any members in North America send their orders to our office, and we then send them to the receiving Florist at this time".......so now my next question is do you send them via FTD or do you use Teleflora's services so you can collect the rebates for your efforts?? :confused:

Peter, Over the past few months, several of us, myself included, have asked you for information about your WS; how many members (why should you expect us to pay you anything if there is no one to send to)? now John asking you about your exchange rate and you act as if it should be a big secret. There was a time when some of us would consider joining IF you could provide us with some tangible benefits BUT you refuse to answer simple questions and proceed to alienate potential customers.
Peter, once and for all, other than the obvious benefit to you what is the benefit to US florists in joining your WS? Lower fees are of no interest IF there is no one to do business with. DO YOU HAVE ANY MEMBERS? IF any, approx how many, to the nearest hundred. I'm tried of hearing about your WS since you will not provide ANY useful information. We florists are CUSTOMERS of FTD and TF, we don't own it; we aren't your competition!!!! :confused:

Re: Re: Re: Blossoms Network Question..........

Originally posted by BBJ (Big Bad John)
Peter, As per your quote above "any members in North America send their orders to our office, and we then send them to the receiving Florist at this time".......so now my next question is do you send them via FTD or do you use Teleflora's services so you can collect the rebates for your efforts?? :confused:

If a member of our wire service has a order, they send it to our office in turn, our office either A) sends it to a member of our service first or B) Calls a Florist in that City with a credit card to place the order, giving that Florist the order at 100%. We do not charge the sending Florist anything additional for this. WE DO NOT COLLECT A REBATE FROM TELEFLORA OR FTD, and we're not a member of either.

Have a Merry Christmas

Peter are you saing that you are not a member of teleflora or Ftd?
I thought I got orders from you that way?
Also my other question is , when you send your order by credit card do you ask for a 20% discount????
As for the exchange rate I would have been interesting on knowing it but elas you dont seem to like to give out the info. If you want to have members maybe you should be open to all question. Just my opinion.
Luc

Originally posted by Luc
Peter are you saing that you are not a member of teleflora or Ftd?
I thought I got orders from you that way?
Also my other question is , when you send your order by credit card do you ask for a 20% discount????
As for the exchange rate I would have been interesting on knowing it but elas you dont seem to like to give out the info. If you want to have members maybe you should be open to all question. Just my opinion.
Luc

Yes, I'm saying I'm not a member of Teleflora or FTD. I've never talked to you or communicated a order to you Luc. Might been some other Peter from somewhere, but it certainly wasn't me. Why would I ask for a 20% discount? I stated in the other message last night, I give a shop a 100% if the order is being sent to a Florist. I don't know the big interest in exchange rates is, but it's the normal exchange rate of 35%.

Have a nice day.

My mistake Peter. I thought I received a order from you.
I thought we talked before?
sorry
Luc

Peter....

I think I know you well enough....the problem IS, you must convince OTHER shop owners in the tangible benefits of being a member of your organization.
It's a LONG, HARD process, to get shop owners to become system users,and you're NOT portraying an image becoming to someone trying to accomplish that which you dream of!!
You're NOT dealing with goofballs here, you've caught their interest cause we're ALL looking for that alternative,BUT, your elusive answers MUST come to an end!!
IF you have ZERO customers...say so, IF you have 100 customers, SAY SO!!, it's NOT as if we don't understand the concept of starting from scratch, and it's NOT as if we don't understand it costs to do so!!
FILL IN THE BLANKS...before it's too late!!
A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS...I dream that we ALL get to take a holiday, instead of just WORKING every holiday!!
Mike

Hi Mike,

I've replied to your PM box on the number. For the record, I do not think any shop owner here or elsewhere is a goof or stupid or anything negative. I have the highest amount of respect for Florists.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.