calla lily

Kristine

Nov 26, 2002
Middleville
State / Prov
michigan
has anyone ever cut the bottom off a calla lily to make it shorter? I have a request to do a couple mini callas on a wrist and to "keep it small". Well that's not so easy to do when the callas are 4+" long. So hence the question. Can you cut off an inch or two, glue them into a wristlet and would they hold up?

inquiring minds and all. thank :)

I really wouldn't. I think the edges will turn brown and ghastly and then you will get a complaint for your efforts. I would tell them you can have small or you can have mini callas but you can't have both ~ that's just the way it is.

Reactions: hollyflr
I've done it also but agree it is a difficult.I apply a piss point fee myself. Have fun.Practice on a few bad flowers if possible

I'm going to try this today.... never thought of it, we generally just say no, but have already had 2 requests this week, and the BIG prom isn't til May 19th thankfully.

I'm wondering if you cut it on a 45 degree angle and completely coat the open cut with Oasis glue (to seal the cut and hold the moisture) if it will hold, and you can get it to lay more flat... Hmmmmm

Reactions: dlnfloral
Well I'm giving it a try. I have a couple bad callas to practice with. I will report back.

Boss, you have to report also.

thanks

Reactions: dlnfloral