Cattleya help please

rewolf

Pro Member
Jul 4, 2007
chatham
www.wildbunchstudio.com
State / Prov
MA
I need to be pushed up the Cattleya learning curve real fast.
Have a bouquet preview this Saturday and I ordered purple/fuchsia cattleya. I received them today and love this flower! But, they are lavender and I need a hot pink cattleya. Are they available in this color? Hot pink like rose Ballet or garden rose Baronesse.

Next question...how to make the bouquet. How? Just point me in the right direction...

Your knowledge is greatly appreciated :)

Katie,

Boss did a great "push up the ladder" for you. Same here with the color. I would probably use the Just For Flowers RASPBERRY on them, a light tint sprayed over the lavender far away, like a foot and a half away far away. You should be able to control the tint.

I've always just wired and taped them and then put a wood pick on them to secure into a foam holder. If this is a "hand-tied" just create a faux stem base, you could even attach the taped and wired cats to real flower stems if you wanted. They hold up pretty darned good in a regular cooler bagged as a corsage, I would experiment with that if you have time.

Reactions: rewolf
Hmmm...I've got a lot of fancy talking to do. The bride gave me a pic from TheKnot of beautiful hot pink cats. Obviously photo-shopped.

I figured I had to wire and tape but the stems are just so large I always find it awkward making the transition from stem to wire.
Because of expense, I was going to make bouqs out of a rose base and 3 cats.

I miss our "cats".....we used to have such an abundant supply, and now,we hardly ever see them anymore...it's just not fair!