Compensation for Florists affected by SARS in Ontario, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter1

I Suck Cuz I'm Banned
Nov 1, 2002
Bancroft, Ontario, Canada
Flowers Canada and Flowers Canada (Ontario) are working together to try and obtain compensation for florists throughout Ontario that have been affected by the SARS outbreaks. Many hospitals banned floral deliveries and that has had a significant impact on business this spring throughout Southern Ontario.

Letters are being sent to MPP's throughout the province with special attention being paid to GTA politicians and those who hold cabinet positions in related portfolios.

In order to improve the chances of compensation we need strong statistics to provide to various government agencies and departments. Please help Flowers Canada help you...complete the survey below if your business has been affected by SARS.

During the SARS outbreaks were you able to deliver to hospitals?

What hospitals in your area banned deliveries?

How many orders were lost during this time due to a ban on hospital deliveries?

What was the approximate value of each order lost?

What city is your store in?

Please email your responses to [email protected] with the subject line "SARS Survey".

We figure that "SARS" cost us

approximately $7,000.00....based on an average of the last 3 years activities during the same time period!!
Mike

Drop Joel an email with that info Mike!

I also plan on writing letters to all M.P.P's as well on this issue to push the need to see shops get compensation, we hear of other business's getting something also ,so I think Florists should be treated equally.

Status
Not open for further replies.