Status
Not open for further replies.

sandytf

Feb 16, 2009
Minocqua
www.trigsfloral.com
State / Prov
WI
I'm curious about how a member is actually approved.

I just noticed that we have an approved member (RFD) who posted his/her intro only 7 hours ago. Victoria thanked the post and Thom welcomed him/her. That's it, nothing else.

Why is it that other intros sometimes have 5 or 6 people welcome them, yet are not approved after one or two days?

I'm not complaining or questioning whether or not RFD should be approved.

I'm simply trying to figure out how this process works.

Any help?

It's my understanding that the voting has nothing to do with the replies to the thread, it has to do with the green dots. Some may give a green dot without actually posting in the welcome thread.

Thanks, Darrel.

I feel like a total idiot. I seriously never knew that the rep points are what voted an intro in.

Darrell is correct. Many members give dots without posting in the thread.

There's also been a speed-up on the cycling of the approvals on the server within the last week. There were cases in the last few months where folks had enough vote points to be approved but the displayed status hadn't changed.

If you ever notice a new member with lots of positive comments that hasn't yet been approved, please PM an admin and we'll take a look. :)

OK, I did just find a thread where Ryan stated how to vote "yes" or "no". Don't know how I missed that before. I guess I was looking somewhere else for instructions. Thanks for the help!

No worries Sandy, you're not alone. :)

I always indicate that I've been there, but sometimes I don't have the time to write a welcome.

V

Reactions: sandytf
Status
Not open for further replies.